RFP invited for Engagement of Agency to help Prepare Livelihood Development Plan & its Implementation VPHEP
Organization: THDC India Ltd.
Apply By: 09 Sep 2019
About the Organization
THDC India Limited, is a company jointly owned by Government of India and Government of Uttar Pradesh. It was incorporated in July’88 to develop, operate and maintain the Tehri Hydro Power Complex and other Hydro Projects. THDC India Limited is a Mini Ratna Category-I Enterprise.
Project: Vishnugad Pipalkoti Hydro Electric Project (VPHEP)
Name of the RFP: Engagement of Specialized Agency to help Prepare Livelihood Development / Employment Generation Plan & its Implementation in Relation to VPHEP.
About the RFP
THDC India Limited, a Public Sector Enterprise under the Administrative Control of the Ministry of Power (MoP), Government of India has been given responsibility to Develop, Commission & Operate Vishnugad Pipalkoti Hydro Electric Project (VPHEP) across River Alaknanda in Chamoli District in the State of Uttarakhand, India. The VPHE Project is the Run-of-the-River (RoR) Scheme with an Installed Capacity of 444 Mega Watts (MW) with Annual Energy Generation of 1674 MU.
About the Project
Vishnugad Pipalkoti Hydro electric Project (VPHEP) is being constructed in District Chamoli of Uttarakhand and is considered as an economically backward District. Presently THDCIL is conducting various income generation / livelihood restoration, skill development programs for affected community. The affected community is more interested in getting employment opportunities either in THDCIL or through its contracting agency M/s HCC rather than adopting various income generation / livelihood promotion programs.
Aim: The aim of the assignment is to provide sustainable solutions to livelihood Generation / Promotion activities.
The Objective of the Assignment is to;
- Establish a baseline & prepare a framework for creating livelihoods enhancement opportunities in & around the Project Affected Area / Villages.
- Identify tailor made pilot projects which can be implemented in project affected villages/ area and
- Develop a long term strategy for implementation of Pilot Projects / Framework.
- Period of Sale/Download/ Submission Of Bidding Document: From- 10-08-2019 (10.30 Hrs) - to - 09-09-2019 (15.30 Hrs)
- Last Date and time for Submission of Bids: Date: - 09-09-2019 (15.30 Hrs)
Scope of Work
The scope of the work for this assignment will include undertaking holistic economic development in the Pipalkoti region for long term sustainable results. This will entail undertaking activities for community development based on preliminary study and the communities own expressions of their felt needs. This description of the work shall include;
- Conduct baseline studies to identify possible interventions / Pilot Projects based on family composition, income levels, educations backgrounds, land holdings, health indices, and so on.
- Review the adequacy and impact of activities carried out by the VPHEP project for restoration of income loss as well as the creation of livelihoods enhancement opportunities for Project Affected Families (PAF`s) and others.
- Engage with all stakeholders (PAFs) and identify tailor-made activities/ Pilot Projects that are relevant in the project area / Affected Villages/Region.
- To recommend only those Pilot Projects for implementation which are desired by the stakeholders/ PAFs & are Visible, Measurable, Scalable & Sustainable. Efforts should also be made to dovetail the recommended Projects with Govt. schemes for scaling up the effect and should have a
- Market linkage plus if implemented can create livelihood enhancement opportunity and increase in income level for Project affected families.
- Prepare a long term implementation strategy for sustainable activities that would clearly define their purpose and ownership over a period of a minimum 1Year to maximum 5 Years.
- Help THDCIL to integrate developmental activities into the implementation of the Vishnugad Pipalkoti project and evolve on going communication activities at various locations.
- Help THDCIL in the implementation of the strategy in and around the project area.
- Establish market / direct linkages for various skilling initiatives resulting in increase in beneficiaries’ income levels.
- Implementation of the identified Pilot Projects in the Project affected area/ affected villages
The experience required to be demonstrated by the Bidder should include as a minimum that he has executed during the last 3 years the following:
- Experience during last 3 years ending last day of month previous to the one in which tender is invited should be in consulting / advising Indian Corporate (Listed on recognized Stock Exchange, and / or having a minimum annual turnover of Rs. 500 Crores) or through its registered section 8 company or trust for Project Management / Monitoring / Evaluation / Implementation of CSR projects in the area of Rural Development - number of such organizations engaged with at least 5 different Corporates.
- Experience during last 3 years ending last day of month previous to the one in which tender is invited should be in executing single order value of at least 45 Lakhs advising Indian Corporate (Listed on recognized Stock Exchange, and / or having a min. annual turnover of Rs. 500 crores) or through its registered section 8 company or trust for Project Management/ Monitoring / Evaluation / Implementation of CSR projects in the area of Rural Development.
- At least 5000 Lives impacted through various CSR interventions in the areas of Rural Electrification, Agri Interventions, Education, Various Livelihood Generation programs / interventions, others - as measured through defined parameters relating to environmental, social, and/or economic impact/RoI.
- At least 3 Areas of demonstrated experience (minimum 2 years experience) in; Education, Agriculture, Skilling
- Experience during last 3 years ending last day of month previous to the one in which tender is invited should be of handling Minimum 3 Projects from Inception to completion stage while establishing direct / market linkages resulting in increase in the income levels of the beneficiaries on an ongoing / regular basis (such as setting up sustainable income generating activity and establishing end to end supply chain), including establishment of mechanism(s) to measure impact. At least 2 No. of working personnel(s) at the Senior Management / Promoter levels in the organization, having corporate experience of minimum 10 years and a minimum of 3 years experience in the Rural development sector.
- At least 2 Senior management Professionals with atleast 10 years Experience in supply chain management and logistics.
The Key Personnel required for the project implementation are:
- Positions: 01: Post Graduate in Social Sciences / MBA / Rural Management
- Minimum years of experience: 15 Years
- Minimum experience in providing similar services 10 Years – Management of Capacity Building / Training Related Programs in largeProjects; Developing & Implementation of Livelihood / Rural Development / CSR Programs; Working with Rural & Peri – Urban Community and; Social Entrepreneurship. Extensive experiences of Documenting bestpractices in the field of institution building & Rural livelihoods promotion. Should speak in Hindi /English.
- Number of Posts: 01
- Post Graduate in Minimum Qualification: Social Sciences / MBA / Rural Management
- Minimum years of experience 10 Years
- Minimum experience in providing similar services: 10 Years: In design / preparation and implementation of livelihood / rural development/ CSR programs; working with rural and peri urban community; In managing large scale socioeconomic databases. At least; 5 years experience in training and capacity building related activities in formation and nurturing of SHG and its federations
Community Development Specialist
- Positions: 01
- Qualifications: Post Graduate in Social Sciences / MBA / Rural Management
- Experience: 10 Years;
- Minimum experience in providing similar services: 10 Years - I. Conduction of community consultations; II. Social mobilization; III. working with rural and Peri-urban community. At least, 5 years experience in training in participatory techniques in formation and nurturing of SHG and its federations. The specialist must have experience of working in rural development and livelihoods programs of large scale.
How to Apply
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd