RFP invited for Impact Evaluation of Mission Organic Value Chain Development for NE Regions
Organization: Department of Agriculture, Cooperation & Farmers Welfare (DAC&FW)
Apply By: 20 Aug 2019
About the Organization
The Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, a branch of the Government of India, is the apex body for formulation and administration of the rules and regulations and laws related to agriculture in India. The three broad areas of scope for the Ministry are agriculture, food processing and co-operation. The Department of Agriculture, Cooperation & Farmers Welfare (DAC&FW) is one of the three constituent Departments of the Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare.
Title: RFP invited for Selection of a Consulting Firm for Impact Evaluation of Centrally Sponsored Schemes (CSS)- Mission Organic Value Chain Development for North Eastern Regions (MOVCDNER)
About the Project
Realizing the potential of organic farming in the North Eastern Region of the country, Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare has launched a Central Sector Scheme entitled “Mission Organic Value Chain Development for North Eastern Region” for implementation in the states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura, during 2015-16 to 2017-18.
Objectives of the Scheme:
- Promotion of commercial organic production through certified organic farming.
- The produce will be pesticide residue free and will contribute to improve the health of soil as well as consumer.
- To raise farmer’s income and create potential market for traders.
- To motivate the farmers for natural resources mobilization for input production
About the tender
In pursuance of the existing operational Guidelines of scheme, the programme should be evaluated through an independent agency/organization at national level in terms of objectives. The services of a suitable “Bidder” (Agencies / Organization) is required to be outsourced as per the provisions contained in GFR Rules issued by Department of Expenditure, Ministry of Finance, Government of India read with relevant instructions issued from time to time by inviting Expression of Interest (EOI) from reputed & qualified “Bidders” for carrying out Impact Evaluation Study.
Scope of work
- The MOVCDNER scheme was launched in the year 2015. The objective of the study is as follows:
- The basic objective of the impact study is to review different components of MOVCDNER and the spread of area under organic agriculture.
- To examine the design of MOVCDNER scheme in terms of planning, stakeholder capacity, implementation challenges, input procurement and distribution activities (cluster formed, trainings, inspection of clusters and certification, input supplied) and output (expansion of area under organic production, types of organic/brands of organic products and market linkages developed)
- To access the modalities of delivery of the scheme in terms of:-
- Procedure followed by State Lead Agencies for selection of Districts, service providers, area, crops.
- Job responsibilities assigned to different stakeholders (District officers, Service Providers, Certification agencies etc.)
- To ascertain FPCs formed are contiguous or scattered/ commodity based clusters formation & planning and quality of trainings imparted to farmers (in term of duration & modules), participation of farmers in the meetings/ trainings conducted by local groups as well as Service Providers (SPs) for capacity building and the trainer’s efficiency and eligibility to impart training.
- Status of planting material provided to farmers. Source of seed/planting material purchased (provided on time or not)
- Status of on farm and off farm inputs provided to the farmers. Enlist them and quantity provided.
- Procedure followed for providing planting material, on farm input, off farm inputs (DBT/Cash/Kind)
- Maintenance of the records/documents by FIGs/FPCs.
- To assess adequacy of Custom Hiring Centres established and implements provided.
- Stage of certification and number of certificates generated?
- Category of trainings provided on Post Harvest management
- State wise and commodity wise Integrated Processing Units established and by whom (FPCs/Private Entrepreneur)
- Status of collection aggregation and grading centres, Integrated Pack House, Transportation/ 4 wheeler, cold Chains etc.
- To study the progress made by intervention of NEDFi as a stakeholder for component B i.e. Value Chain processing.
- State wise, need based assessment for post harvest infrastructure required by the States.
- Strategy adopted for branding & marketing, brand developed so far under MOVCDNER scheme.
- Monitoring the timely procedure of DBT to farmers and constraints regarding transportation for organic produce. Evaluation of physical and financial progress and outcome of the scheme in targeted areas and their overall impact in improving organic production area coverage and strengthening entire value chain.
- The evaluation study should also focus on: a) Ranking of the states in the context of accomplishing the scheme targets, and also point out logical constraints, if any in implementation of the scheme by the States. b) Analyzing critically the objectives and components of the schemes and identify bottlenecks and weakness, if any, necessitating a re-look to enhance overall efficiency of the scheme. c) The Impact evaluation must come out with suggestions, corrective and remedial measures for better implementation of the scheme during subsequent years.
Eligibility: Minimum Eligibility Criteria for Technical Bid
The Agency should be a reputed agency/organization/institution which fulfils the following conditions:-
- Experience of successfully completing at least 3 evaluation studies of Government schemes in last 5 years ending 31.03.2017.
- minimum annual turnover of Rs.10 crore during the last 3 financial years (However, the Govt. Research Institutions are exempted from this eligibility condition, and
- Having qualified and experienced key personnel (doctorate with post doctoral experience of minimum five years in agriculture/soil science and/or allied subjects/statistics/economics).
- Start date for issue of RFP/Tender: 29.7.2019
- Last date & time of receipt of proposals: 20.8.2019 / 1200 hours
- Date & Time of Pre-bid meeting: 08.08.2019 / 1100 hours
- Date of publication of record of minutes of pre-bid meeting: 09.08.2019
- Date & Time of opening of Technical bids: 21.08.2019 1100 hours
- Meeting of Consultancy Evaluation Committee (CEC): To be intimated later
- Opening of Financial bids: To be intimated later
How to Apply
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd