RFP invited for setting up Project Monitoring Unit for National Bamboo Mission
Organization: Department of Agriculture, Cooperation & Farmers Welfare (DAC&FW)
Apply By: 16 Aug 2019
About the Organization
The Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, a branch of the Government of India, is the apex body for formulation and administration of the rules and regulations and laws related to agriculture in India. The three broad areas of scope for the Ministry are agriculture, food processing and co-operation. The Department of Agriculture, Cooperation & Farmers Welfare (DAC&FW) is one of the three constituent Departments of the Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare.
Title: RFP invited for Selection of a Consulting Firm for setting up of Project Monitoring Unit for the National Bamboo Mission
About the Project
Realizing the potential of National Bamboo Mission in our country, the Department of Agriculture, Cooperation and Farmer Welfare has launched a Scheme entitled “National Bamboo Mission for implementation in the states. Presently, scheme is being implemented in 23 states. National Bamboo Mission stresses upon value chain development from growing stage to marketing stage of the value added bamboo based products in a cluster based approach.
- To increase the area under bamboo plantation in non forest Government and private lands to supplement farm income and contribute towards resilience to climate change as well as availability of quality raw material requirement of industries. The bamboo plantations will be promoted predominantly in farmers’ fields, homesteads, community lands, arable wastelands, and along irrigation canals, water bodies etc.
- To improve post-harvest management through establishment of innovative primary processing units near the source of production, primary treatment and seasoning plants, preservation technologies and market infrastructure.
- To promote product development keeping in view market demand, by assisting R&D, entrepreneurship & business models at micro, small and medium levels and feed bigger industry.
- To rejuvenate the under developed bamboo industry in India.
- To promote skill development, capacity building, awareness generation for development of bamboo sector from production to market demand.
- To realign efforts so as to reduce dependency on import of bamboo and bamboo products by way of improved productivity and suitability of domestic raw material for industry, so as to enhance income of the primary producers.
About the tender
Objectives of the Assignment
- To mobilize commodity clusters and facilitate capacity building, handholding and infrastructure creation for on-farm input production, training on package of practices and facilitating certification services to farmers.
- To facilitate creation and linking of enterprises (local enterprises/ farmer producer companies) that can create and operate collection, aggregation and post-harvest processes, trade organic products and provide necessary services to farmers and to work towards increasing their market.
- To Strategise up calling of National Bamboo Mission.
- To set up lead agencies at the centre and the states to partner with value chain supporting agencies, service providers and institute business development consultancies. To provide access to information, know-how and finance and enable the enterprises to offer efficient services, support them in building required management capacities, and stimulating market growth.
The PMU will comprise of the following:
National Team: It will be positioned at National Bamboo Mission (NBM) under NRM Division, DAC &FW and will discharge the functions as follows:
- Senior Advisor (01), Qualifications: I. PhD in Agriculture/ Forestry related subject/for recognized reputed university; Minimum 15 years experience of working on Management of natural resources and development of value chain; Age upto: 65 years. Experience: 15 years
- Advisor (Value addition and Marketing): Qualification: Essential i) MBA in Trade and/or Marketing ii) Minimum 10 years experience in product development, value chain development and marketing and/or trade in natural resource iii) Age upto 55 years.
Software Team: The Software Team will be stationed in the Mission Head Quarters in New Delhi and directly report to the NRM Division of DAC&FW.
- Programmer: Qualifications: B. Tech in Computer Science/ IT or MCA; Expe-rience: 1 year experience in web designing, online and offline MIS development, programming
Office Assistant Team: The office Team will be stationed in the Mission Head Quarters in New Delhi and directly report to the NRM Division of DAC&FW.
- Data Entry Operator: Qualifications: (Minimum) Essential: Graduation in any subject; Desirable: Excellent Computer and Typing skills; Experience: One Year experience with the Government of India
- MTS: Qualification: 10th Pass; Experience: One year experience with the Government of India
- Start Date for issue of RFP/Tender: 25.7.2019
- Date & time of Pre-bid meeting: 5.8.2019 (4.00 p.m.)
- Last date and time of receipt of proposals: 16.8.2019 (5.00 p.m.)
- Date & Time of opening of Technical bids: 19-8-2019 ( 11.00 a.m.)
- Meeting of Consultancy Evaluation Committee (CEC) & short listing oftechnical bids: 23.8.2019
- Opening of Financial bids: 27.8.2019
- Selection of the Consultant: 29.8.2019
- Issue of letter of Intent: 31.8.2019
How to Apply
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd