Assistant Manager- Office of Learning Support
Organization: Ashoka University
Apply By: 05 May 2019
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
About The Organization:
Ashoka University is a pioneering university in India, providing an interdisciplinary liberal education on par with the best universities in the world. Ashoka students learn to be critical thinkers, effective communicators and ethical leaders, from outstanding faculty who have previously taught in leading global and Indian universities. In a very short time, the university has established a stellar reputation for quality of faculty and student experience. Ashoka University students have been placed in many of India’s leading organizations in the consulting, banking, corporate, CSR and social sectors.
Project: Ashoka University has implemented an inclusive education framework to support students with learning difficulties. As part of the framework, Office of Learning Support (OLS) has been established to coordinate various activities related to management of neuro-diversity amongst students. The office promotes an inclusive environment for students with learning difficulties and sensory impairments. Through an interactive process, we are a support system to help students with specific needs achieve their individual academic goals.
Ashoka University, one of the pioneers of change and social impact, through OLS, creates equal opportunity for students irrespective of his/her special needs. Ashoka act as a central resource on specific-needs-related information and services for the University. The office also acts as case managers for students with or without any special learning needs helping them to organize, plan and keep track of their development.
Reporting: The candidate will work with Director, Office of Learning Support
Place: The position is a full-time position based out of New Delhi, India.
- Manage student portfolios and maintain required program records
- Support the assessments/follow-up process for identified students
- Able to conduct meeting with students and take their information down for further action
- Submit required program reports in an accurate and timely fashion and participate in case management meetings
- Work closely with the other offices and staff members to plan integrated services for all students including English Language learners
- Provide support in building an inclusive education culture at the university through awareness sessions and other activities
- Ensure strict student confidentiality
- Explore new state-of-the-art disability management related resources regularly and update the documents according
Qualifications and Experience:
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in psychology, counselling or social work counselling
- Experience in the field of education is preferred
- Exposure to and/or interest in management of learning difficulties
- Good project management skills: organization, planning and attention to details
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a start-up environment with a can-do attitude and stringent timelines
- Knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
Please send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd