CPPGG SDG Capacity Building, Communications & Training Expert
Apply By: 25 Jul 2019
About the organization
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the United Nations' global development network. It advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life for themselves. It provides expert advice, training and grants support to developing countries, with increasing emphasis on assistance to the least developed countries. It promotes technical and investment cooperation among nations. It works with local governments to meet development challenges and develop local capacity. It works internationally to help countries achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
About the Project
Centre for Policy & Good Governance (CPPGG) Uttarakhand has been set up to assist in bringing about governance reforms through studies, training, knowledge sharing and promotion of good ideas. CPPGG is deemed to act as the think tank in the State which will help in improving the research & analytics for preparing a better planning & policy framework.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the CEO, CPPGG, the incumbent will:
Ensure planning and design of internal and external strategies for communication and outreach focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Communication Strategy is in place for spreading awareness around the SDG 2030 VISION including the ADVOCACY STRATEGY for internal Stakeholders to have clear idea of what they need to deliver in 2019, 2022 and 2030, and AWARENESS of all Stakeholders including Media organizations, Community Organizations, Academic Institutions, Schools and Colleges;
- Engage communication experts / agencies to create professional communication and outreach tools and materials in the local language;
- Plan and execute Communication Strategy in close collaboration with State department, all concerned state departments, UN agencies etc. and ensure visibility of SDG targets set by GoU in the media;
- Conceptualise, promote and disseminate SDG specific advocacy materials for launching initiatives and publications;
- Strengthen government partnerships through providing high quality and strategic communications support.
Plan and implement digital media strategies for CPPGG focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Engage Digital communication experts / agencies to conceptualise the digital presence of CPPGG;
- Design and implementation of digital media strategies including social media platforms for CPPGG, aligned with outreach on the Goals and targets set in SDG VISION 2030 for GOU;
- Use creative mediums like Website, Mobile App, SDG specific Information campaigns, films, Digital Media campaign, folk media in English and local language to create digital presence.
- Create compelling digital content to engage audiences in a dynamic and interactive way, drawing attention to key development debates;
- Monitor and evaluate the dissemination of advocacy and communication material to target audiences and impact of the same.
Prepare Training Plans and Packages to fast-track the achievement of Sustainable Development Goals
- Support in organising SDG Learning events for capacity building, networking, experience sharing with crucial speakers on topics related to implementation of Agenda 2030.
- Tailor specific sessions to provide a strategic vision and practical knowledge to participants on how to find effective sustainable solutions for the community
- Provide continuous training to the various stakeholders on
- SDGs and their interlinkages, including issues related to inclusion
- Localization and integration of SDGs into State policies and action plan
- Achieving integrated policy-making and policy coherence
- Data collection and analysis
- Means of implementation (finance, technology, capacity building)
- Science-policy interface
- Review and monitoring of implementation
Supports the business development focusing on achievement of the following results:
Launches and campaigns
- Promotion and maintenance of public information campaigns on GoU - UNDP CPPGG priorities and results
Platforms & partnerships
- Creation of contents for SDG Private sector partner platform involving companies, business forums and banking sector,
- Strengthening the engagement of partnerships with civil society, philanthropies and mobilising CSR.
- Facilitate partnerships between different stakeholders and offer avenues for innovative financing.
- Maintenance of increased coverage and understanding of the CPPGG work in the state and practice area through regular media contacts and provision of newsworthy information to national public and, where possible, donors.
- Organization of roundtable discussions, press conferences, briefing sessions, interviews, launches, etc.
- Forging of a “Whole of Government approach” through publicizing the significance of 2030 VISION of GoU and consequently the reform efforts, convergent programmes. Organization and implementation of joint SDG specific UN information campaigns (Women’s Day, UN Day, World AIDS Day, Environment Day, etc.)
- Preparation of donor reports, civic education and community awareness where appropriate to support projects
- Effective responses to inquiries for public information materials
Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and management focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Identification and synthesis of best practices and lessons learned directly linked to programme country goals and activities;
- Provision of training, consultancy and advice to CPPGG staff on communications for development.
Effective management of the Communications Component of CPPGG:
- Supervision of communications staff
- Ensure effective and smooth functioning of the communications including procurement and finance
- Any other responsibility assigned by the CEO, CPPGG
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Development, Social Science, Management or related field
- Diploma in Journalism/Mass Communication or related field is desirable
- 5-7 years of relevant experience with Capacity Building, Training, Communications with Government at the national level or sub-national level
- Experience in leading a team or sub-offices as part of a larger organization or entity.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems.
Language Requirements: Fluency in written and oral English and Hindi.
Remuneration package is INR 91,380/- per month (taxable). UNDP also offers additional benefits which include medical insurance coverage and limited pension reimbursement for contract holder and encourages work life balance to its employees.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd