Organization: Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council
Apply By: 27 May 2019
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
About the organization
Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC) is a not-for-profit Section 8, Schedule B, Public Sector Enterprise, set up by Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Government of India as an Interface Agency to strengthen and empower the emerging Biotech enterprise to undertake strategic research and innovation, addressing nationally relevant product development needs.
The DBT – BMGF -Wellcome Trust - BIRAC Partnership: The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) and the Department of Biotechnology (DBT) signed an umbrella Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to collaborate on mission-directed research and build Grand Challenges India to support health research and innovation. The MoU aims to support initiatives that could dramatically change the health and development landscape in India and other countries facing similar challenges. Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC) a Public Sector Undertaking of the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, and Government of India has been entrusted the responsibility of implementing this activity. BIRAC plays a key role in assisting the Global network of Partners to foster collaborative research to improve Global health and dealing with long term development issues. The Program Management Unit (PMU), is the implementing body to manage the Grand Challenges India program. The partners have laid down the governance and implementation principles that will direct these strategic partnerships. BIRAC works closely with strategic partners to identify and support the scientific and technological opportunities through PMU. The PMU while being responsible for project management is also responsible for developing new areas of joint priority and oversight of various joint projects funded under Grand Challenges India. The Communications Consultant will work directly with the Communications team in BIRAC and will be responsible for contributing to all the activities listed below as well as other projects/requirements as needed.
- Graduate in Science or English.
- Excellent command on written and spoken English and Hindi
- Demonstrated outstanding written and oral communication skills in positions requiring communications in a broad and diverse audience on a range of complex technical issues.
- Excellent proof-reading and copy-editing skills.
- Strong planning and analytical skills and demonstrated attention to detail
- Ability to organize/prioritize and plan work and meet deadlines within a fast-paced environment with multiple and competing demands.
- Post-Graduation in any discipline
- Diploma / P.G Diploma in Mass Communication.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Familiarity with adobe photoshop and other software to carry out minor design jobs in-house.
- Demonstrated capacity and initiative to solve problems with energy and positive attitude.
- Proactive and flexible nature with reliable follow-through and attention to detail.
- Ability to work both independently and in a cooperative and collegial fashion.
- Handling social media content.
How to apply
- Application Proforma (enclosed BIRAC-Doc1)
- For details of job descriptions and qualifications please see BIRAC-Doc-II enclosed
- Applications received by post and not on the prescribed format will not be considered.
- Interested Candidates should apply at email@example.com in the prescribed format.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd