Organization: Jansahas India Social Development Society
Apply By: 10 Dec 2019
Location: (Madhya Pradesh)
Research Associate - Job Description
About Jan Sahas: : Jan Sahas, established in the year 2000, is a not-for-profit grassroots organization committed to promote the development and protect the rights of socially excluded communities with a special focus on girls and women through the eradication of all forms of bondage including manual scavenging and caste based prostitution; empowerment of adolescent girls and women to end violence and gender justice, skill development for dignified livelihoods and social entrepreneurship; legal aid for access to justice and reform in criminal justice system; support in education; food and nutrition security; land and agriculture development; develop barefoot lawyers to build victim or survivors as leader and empowerment of communities though capacity and organization building.
The organization is looking for a suitable candidate to conduct a study on the status of violence against women and girls in South Asia. The ideal candidate will have a strong commitment to work in the development sector and demonstrated ability to work as part of a diverse team. The position entails meeting various stakeholders that ranges from research partner organizations, survivors, NGO staff, government officials, academicians, etc. depending on the research project.
The Research Associate will provide research support to other studies undertaken by Jan Sahas. Tenure: 1 year with possibility of extension based on performance and funding availability
Base Location: The position will be based in Delhi Roles and responsibilities include:
- Carry out in-depth desk research.
- Work closely with our research partner organisation
- Regular field work (sometimes in remote locations) within and outside India.
- Assure data reliability.
- Transcribe and translate interviews.
- Data entry and cleaning.
- Assist in writing high-quality research reports.
- Contribute to developing research tools such as questionnaires, topic-guides, etc.
- Conduct both quantitative and qualitative research.
- Work with programmes team to understand and streamline research.
- Masters’ degree in the social sciences.
- Familiarity and work experience in violence against women and girls.
- 2 years research experience, including conducting field work.
1-2 years’ experience in writing high-quality research reports.
How to Apply
Please mention “Research Associate – Qualitative Researcher” in the subject line.
Jan Sahas is gives equal opportunity to all individuals irrespective of their gender, caste, religion, race, sexual orientation etc. The organization promotes opportunities for women and candidates belonging to marginalized backgrounds.
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd