Organization: Jansahas India Social Development Society
Apply By: 15 Dec 2019
Location: (Madhya Pradesh)
About Jan Sahas: Jan Sahas, established in the year 2000, is a not for profit grassroots organization committed to promote the development and protect the rights of socially excluded communities with special focus on girls and women through the eradication of all forms of bondage including manual scavenging and caste based prostitution; empowerment of adolescent girls and women to end violence and gender justice, skill development for dignified livelihoods and social entrepreneurship; legal aid for access to justice and reform in criminal justice system; support in education; food and nutrition security; land and agriculture development; develop barefoot lawyers to build victim or survivors as leader and empowerment of communities though capacity and organization building.
The organization is looking for a suitable candidate to assist in a large-scale project on internal migration that deals with a dataset of 50,000 to 1 lakh migrant labourers. The ideal candidate will have a strong commitment to work in the development sector and demonstrated ability to work as part of a diverse team. The RA will be an integral part of the research team and primarily be responsible in providing quantitative inputs and analysis to all research studies undertaken by Jan Sahas.
About the project: The primary objective of the project is to reduce the prevalence of forced labor and debt bondage of internal migrants who migrate from Bundelkhand to Delhi/NCR to work in the construction industry.
Tenure: 1 year with possibility of extension based on performance and funding availability
Base Location: The position will be based in Delhi
Roles and responsibilities include:
The RA will primarily assist in designing and implementing surveys on both digital platforms and offline, training field teams and ensuring field surveys are planned and implemented in a structured manner.
- Data cleaning and analyses.
- Assist in design and development of survey tools.
- Ensure quality data collection and adherence to data collection protocols by the field team and provide all necessary data related support to projects team for smooth programmatic interventions.
- Contribute through secondary research and inputs about sampling for proposals.
- Conduct regular field work (sometimes in remote locations) and assure data reliability.
- Assist in training field officers by developing field staff manuals.
- Assist in writing high-quality research reports.
- Masters’ degree in social sciences with demonstrable qualifications/trainings in quantitative methodology is a must.
- 2-3 years’ experience in quantitative analysis and field research. Strong command over quantitative techniques of data collection and ability to analyze data.
- 1-2 experience in writing high-quality research reports.
- Training and experience in quantitative software package such as R, Stata, SPSS. (Compulsory)
- Familiarity with qualitative methods and analysis.
- Excellent grasp English (Spoken and written) (Compulsory).
How to Apply
Please mention “Research Associate – Quantitative” in the subject line.
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd