Watershed Management Coordinator
Organization: Aga Khan Rural Support Programme (India)
Apply By: 30 Jan 2020
Location: Muzaffarpur(Bihar) Patna(Bihar)
About the Organization:
Aga Khan Rural Support Programme (India) is a non-denominational, non-government development organization. AKRSP (I) works as a catalyst for the betterment of rural communities by providing direct support to local communities. AKRSP (I) is active in over 2400 villages of Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh and Bihar.
Position: Watershed Management Coordinator
- Providing leadership and technical support to teams at State and in districts in developing conceptual clarity and addressing issues related to water conservation.
- Establishing effective relation with Rural Development Department at state/ District level for providing technical assistance for smooth functioning of Jal Jeevan Hariyali Mission on the ground.
- Providing support in developing the modules for training of trainers on technical aspects on construction of Water conservation / Rainwater harvesting/Water bodies restoration structure under Jal Jeevan Hariyali Mission with effective engagement of Rural Development Department.
- Empowering community, individuals with current knowledge on availability & accessibility issues related to Water conservation/ Rainwater harvesting/Water bodies’ restoration and afforestation linked with Jal Jeevan Hariyali Mission
- Managing behavior change communication activities aimed at people / Gram Panchayats through different tool of communication and creating the impact of Jal Jeevan Hariyali Mission on the ground.
- Preparing training calendar based on training need assessment of staff and supporting teams in completing capacity building activities.
- Providing training to government officials identified by department of using standard modules.
- Capacity building of PRI members and Ward Implementation & Management Committee (WIMCs) for successful implementation of Jal Jeevan Hariyali Mission.
Education: Preference will be given to candidate having B-Tec / Diploma in civil /Postgraduate Diploma in Rural Management, Master in Social Work (MSW) or Environment science
Experience: She/he should have 6 to 7 experience in the development sector with at least 3 years’ experience in implementing and coordinating of work plans and strategies to restore and protect groundwater and surface water resources.
Skills & Competencies required:
Preference: Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd