Organization: Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS)
Apply By: 25 Apr 2019
Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) was established in 1936 and is a deemed university fully funded by the University Grants Commission, Government of India. TISS offers over 50 Master’s Degree programmes from its Mumbai, Tuljapur, Guwahati and Hyderabad Campuses. Masters’ programmes are offered in a range of socially relevant inter-disciplinary areas. TISS is a research university with M. Phil. and Ph. D. programme and basic and applied research in a range of areas. A high degree of freedom and autonomy shape the positive work ethos and creativity in the Institute facilitating strong linkages between education, research, field action and Dissemination.
iCALL Psychosocial Helpline; a field action project of the School of Human Ecology at the Tata Institute of Social Sciences Mumbai, provides counselling, support, information and referral to individuals in emotional and psychological distress, over the telephone, chat and email. iCALL in partnership with the government of Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan and UNFPA undertakes two projects, which aim at strengthening capacities of counsellors working within the state’s SSK & RKSK counselling centers at Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan. The third project is another capacity building initiative of health staff posted at health and wellness centers on basic counselling skills, in Madhya Pradesh under the Aarogyam scheme of the Government of India. All three projects are in different stages of completion. iCALL is inviting applications for the post of Accounts Assistant.
- Raising the bills, invoices and reimbursements for expenditure incurred by different projects
- Working alongside TISS accounts to maintain bills and receipts for expenditure
- Preparing regular reports (e.g. expenses and office budgets) and organizing company records.
- Facilitate documentation of utilization of allocated funds
- Facilitate ongoing accounts operations such as salary processing, reimbursement processing, vendor payments processing, advance payments and settlements and so on.
- Ensure that Accounting standards are followed and applied in the processes of the organization
- Ensure that good governance practices are implemented and followed in the organization
- Reconciliation of budgeted and actual spends on a fortnightly basis
- Liaison between the Project accounts department and the main accounts department.
- Maintaining Statement of Expenditure and Coordinating with Funder on a monthly basis for the same
Desirous candidates must:
- The candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s degree in Commerce or relevant discipline with minimum of 55 % of marks and two years of work experience in handling finance and administration related aspects.
- Good administrative skills in order to manage the work of the project and liaison with TISS accounts department.
- Good budgeting and accounting skills.
- Excellent communication skills and proficiency in WORD, EXCEL and related software programs such as ERP systems and Foxpro applications
- He/ She should be well versed with all tax implications as per Government of India Norms and all essential Audit Norms.
- Good knowledge of English and Hindi, both spoken and written.
- Willingness to travel, stay in locations outside of Mumbai, as the need arises.
*Age limit: 18 to 40 years
*Please note that this is a contractual position till December, 2019
*Candidates would be required to join immediately.
Please note that this is a full-time position based out of Mumbai. The selected candidate shall be offered a salary of 20,000 pm. The candidate will report to the Programme Coordinator, iCALL.
Desirous candidates may send their résumé to email@example.com before 25th April 2019. Kindly mark the subject of the email as ‘Application for the post of Accounts Assistant’ only. Late applications shall not be entertained. Shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview at TISS, Mumbai.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd