Advocacy & Partnerships Coordinator
Organization: Restless Development
Apply By: 31 Jul 2019
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
About the organization
Restless Development knows young people have the power to solve the challenges we face in our world, but they are being ignored and overlooked. They are the agency that works with young people so they can lead in solving those challenges.
Restless Development has worked in India since 1985. They are committed to mobilizing young people as an effective human resource in development efforts, empowering young people living in poor communities, and directly influencing government to develop youth-focused policies.
The following are the expected time allocation and specific duties:
- Advocacy and Influencing (40%)
- Partnership Cultivation (40%)
- Strategic and Operations (20%)
1. Advocacy and Influencing
- Identify priority conferences, meetings, campaigns and events in India and internationally for Restless Development to get our issues onto the agenda and strengthen policy discourse on our advocacy priorities.
- Work closely with the Programme Manager & Global Advocacy Manager on the planning of our participation in these spaces, leading on specific elements of the delivery such as
- Advising on the development of relevant policy materials to support our representation and influencing at events.
- High quality events and activities as appropriate to deliver against our advocacy strategy (e.g. different advocacy tactics including workshops, consultations, roundtables & online media)
- Support youth mobilisation and campaigning work of the programme, especially around the new Post- FP2020 framework.
- Attend relevant policy events for intel gathering and learning, capture key points and share these systematically with colleagues / partners as relevant.
- Strengthen the existing networks and coalitions that Restless Development is a part of such as SRHR Alliance and Youth-led Accountability coalitions - produce updates for Alliance and Coalitions for internal and external purposes
- Provide regular content for online social networking (Twitter and Facebook) and website presence for these networks, ensuring input from members in this.
- Facilitate capacity building training for young people, e.g. on advocacy and networking skills.
- Produce capacity building materials (e.g. guides, toolkits, session plans) as required to support youth partners to undertake effective advocacy.
- Work with colleagues to develop and review advocacy plans
2. Partnerships Cultivation
- Develop partnerships for investments in Restless Development’s strategic priorities and support Country Director and Leadership Team in partnership cultivation and in partnership development
- Collaborate with Restless Development Hub’s in other countries in multi-hub partnership processes.
- Play an active role in the development of effective programme designs and concepts as ready to share documents for strategic pitches
- Map key stakeholders and lead on partner tracking in relation to our goal areas and develop engagement/cultivation plans with input from across Programme team & Global Policy and Practice team.
3. Strategic and Operations
- Take part in strategic discussions and contribute to the hub strategic planning as a Leadership Team member.
- Support the Programme Manager and act as cover during their absence
- Line manage and conduct monthly performance management meetings and annual reviews for staff managed
- Serve as a role model at all times, personally embodying Restless Development’s mission and values, whilst helping to ensure that Restless Development’s code of conduct, policies and standards are understood by all and adhered to in practice
- Budget Management: Input into annual budgeting and quarterly reforecasting. Ensure activity budgets are managed in line with our financial policies and processes.
- Monitoring & Evaluation: Provide input into internal monitoring and reporting systems and processes for reviewing the success of our advocacy.
- Leadership Team : Participate in Leadership Team meetings and contribute in overall leadership through regular updates and inputs in strategic work
- Undertake any other tasks as assigned
- You may occasionally / will regularly be required to work on weekends and/or public holidays, for which time off in lieu will be granted
- Other duties as required.
Requirements: Must have the right to work in India.
Restless Development provides :
- Basic Annual Salary Rs. 8,81,468 /-
- An additional Employer PF contribution @ 12% of basic annual salary
- Medical allowance - Rs. 15,000/- per annum.
- Other benefits as per the policy (Mobile phone bill reimbursement, health insurance for self & dependents and gratuity benefits, professional development fund etc.)
Length of contract
The initial offer will be for one year with a probation period of six months. This role is being hired in connection with an 18-month grant. Our intention would be for the role to continue, dependent on availability of funding.
National Travel – Frequent Travel to Restless Development’s operational districts in Bihar, Jharkhand and Rajasthan. S/he may also be required to undertake International travel as and when the need arises. S/he may occasionally be required to work on weekends and/or public holidays, for which time off in lieu will be granted.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience of influencing the policy and practice of governments and institutions through campaigning, advocacy and policy development with a focus on gender related issues preferred.
- Experienced in external representation with stakeholders from civil society, governments and/or UN bodies.
- Experienced in developing advocacy objectives and influencing tactics
- Knowledge of current development policy trends and frameworks, especially the Sustainable Development Goals, FP2020 and youth development (or at least one other of Restless Development’s three global goal areas or gender).
- Experience of planning, developing and managing projects or events
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking, policy development and fluent written/spoken English
- Working knowledge of Hindi preferred
- Knowledge of the international youth sector and current advocacy and policy priorities
- Specialized expertise or experience in gender and development
- Experience in network coordination
- Experience in supporting young people to advocate through campaigning or high level influencing.
- Previous work experience in youth development.
- A clear understanding of contemporary development issues
- Experience in handling budgets
- Experience in delivering training
Please send a completed application form to email@example.com by 31st July, 2019. Please note that we do not accept CVs, resumes or covering letters. First and second round interviews are scheduled to take place in the first week of August.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd