Apply By: 17 Sep 2019
VAAGDHARA is a non-profit organization, registered under Rajasthan Societies Act 1958. VAAGDHARA draws its name from its area of working i.e. Vaagad-the tribal area of Rajasthan adjoining Gujarat and Dhara-stream, bringing indigenous community in mainstream development. The core value of the organization is swaraj ‘self-reliance’ which is drawn from Gandhian philosophy, but at the same time, it believes in the use of latest technology for the development of tribal and poor.
VAAGDHARA has implemented a number of developmental interventions in tribal region of Rajasthan parts of adjoining states. It has been adequately flexible in its approach and depending on the need of the situation. VAAGDHARA has played key role as activist to advocate for child rights, as facilitator in collaboration with mainstream (government) for betterment of school education and has also implemented natural resource management programs like Sustainable Integrated Farming. Experiences so far have motivated VAAGDHARA to develop strategy for sustainable development of tribal community. Therefore, for coming four years act as driving force for institutional ecosystem of tribal junction in which focus will be on creation & nurturing of peoples’ organizations and empowering the communities so that community initiate, plan, implement and manage the interventions and processes in sustainable manner.
About Program: In the democratic space, changes can happen best if the community is aware and organized to seek their rights, to address their social-economic-political issues and to take their issues forward. However, the tribal society in Banswara region is least aware about their Rights & Entitlements. It is very disheartening that most of the programs and policies designed for their betterment hardly get implemented. Therefore, in order to address these issues VAAGDHARA reaches out to the community in its area of work and develop institutions for community development. VAAGDHARA acts as a catalyst and facilitator by providing platform and network to help the community to voice their concern and to positively engage with policy makers for enabling policy environment. It also engages with traditional institutions in its intervention geographies, so that in the near future these institutions will have its leaders who will in-turn have greater say in the community and thus these leaders will address the issues, concerns and ambitions of the marginalized community.
VAAGDHARA have a Policy Advocacy Unit (PAU) which facilitates the preparation of joint work plans with selected media allies & government in the Tri-Junction of Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh and Gujrat State. Major role of Policy Advocacy Unit as mentioned below:
- Preparing annual advocacy plan for VAAGDHARA on various issues pertaining to its community relating to True Childhood, True Farming and True Democracy.
- Preparing a media advocacy strategy and implementation plan based on available media and media allies in the state.
- Sensitize media on different themes of VAAGDHARA assisted tribal communities at regular intervals through meetings/workshops and seminars.
- Design capacity building programs for VAAGDHARA team, JSSSI team, JSS team and providing mentoring support on various advocacy tools.
Position: Advocacy officer
Location: Jaipur with more than 60% traveling to the Banswara and other states.
Core responsibilities and tasks under required position:
- Continuously update advocacy and communication strategy documents (narrative, stakeholder analysis etc), and implement advocacy and communication action plan according to contextual developments.
- Coordinate regular communication and initiate partnerships with key stakeholders, politicians, bureaucrats & other departments of Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh & Gujrat State.
- Monitor and analyze the implementation of relevant laws & policies.
- Together with leader of Policy Advocacy Unit and Technical Support team, develop lobbying and networking activities in line with operational plans.
- Draft talking points/briefing papers and internal/external reports, and brief to spokes people accordingly.
- Conduct a research and develop research report as per interventions.
- A master’s degree or equivalent in Rural Development, Development Studies, Social work, Law & Governance, Health & Nutrition and other related qualifications.
- At least three years relevant experience of working with governments, parliamentarians and the media (On the advocacy issues relating to children / agriculture / health & nutrition etc. )
- Experience of drafting & using variety of advocacy tools, policy, research, lobbying, public campaigning, media and digital work to influence a political agenda.
- Sound political judgment and sensitivity and proven experience of engaging with and influencing decision makers.
- Creative and accurate written and verbal communications skills in English and experience of producing communications materials and resources.
- Diplomatic and influencing skills in support of effective collaboration and cooperation with multiple stakeholders.
- Familiar with working with civil society networks and coalitions.
- Ability to think strategically, plan, priorities and implement multiple work tasks under tight timelines.
- In order to bring about policy change. A good understanding of how to undertake successful strategic advocacy work in a variety of relevant contexts.
- A good understanding of National & State political institutions and processes.
- Ability to represent Organization and its mission at different platform.
- Salary Range: Monthly gross of around Rs 35000 to 38000 per month
- To Apply: Kindly send your updated CV along with a covering letter mentioning your last drawn salary to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com ;
- Vaagdhara promotes gender equity. Last date for receiving applications will be 17-September-2019.
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd