Assistant External Relations Officer
Organization: United Nations High Commissioner for Refugee India
Apply By: 28 May 2019
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
About the organization
Committed to the processes of Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) – Leave No one Behind – UNHCR India works in close cooperation with the Government of India, NGOs and civil society to support refugees and asylum-seekers. The Government of India respects UNHCR's processes and documentation allowing refugees and asylum-seekers to access public health, education and legal aid services.
The incumbent is closely supervised on issues concerning external relations and public information by the Chief of Mission or Deputy Chief of Mission who gives regular guidance and advice to the incumbent. Advice and operational support may also be received from other senior staff and support units at the UNHCR Country Office. External contacts are generally with a broad range of officials from national and international institutions, media or general public on matters of importance to the Organization.
- Undergraduate degree (equivalent of a BA/BS) in Political or Social Sciences, International Relations, Journalism,
- Communication or other related fields plus minimum 1 year of previous work experience relevant to the function.
- Graduate degree (equivalent of a Master’s) or Doctorate degree (equivalent of a PhD) may also be accepted.
- Computer and IT skills (MS Office, website preparation etc.).
- Highly developed drafting ability in working language of duty station.
- Excellent knowledge of local institution, politics and culture.
- Excellent knowledge of English and Hindi.
How to apply
Interested applicants are requested to submit an application with personal history form (P 11) by email or by post indicating Position: Assistant External Relations Officer, to PERSONNEL SECTION, UNHCR, B2/16, VASANT VIHAR, NEW DELHI 110 057, or (firstname.lastname@example.org) not later than 28 May 2019. The P-11 form can be downloaded from the UNHCR website http://www.unhcr.org.in//images/job_application_form.pdf As part of the selection process, the shortlisted candidates will be required to sit for a written test and for an interview.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd