Associate, Administration and Accounting
Organization: Room to Read
Apply By: 25 Sep 2019
About the Organization:
Room to Read is a global organization transforming the lives of millions of children in low-income communities by focusing on literacy and gender equality in education. They work in collaboration with local communities, partner organizations, and governments to develop literacy skills and a habit of reading among primary school children and ensure girls can complete secondary school with the skills necessary to negotiate key life decisions.
Post: Associate, Administration and Accounting
The Admin & Accounts Associate will assist and report to State Manager and on need basis to Accounting and Finance officer. Primary responsibilities include assisting in maintaining all aspects of the organization’s finances and accounting and administrative initiatives at State Level.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Overall responsibility of ensuring the proper and effective implementation of finance and admin related policies and guidelines at SO level.
- Handle independently the partners’ finance management related issues and ensure fulfilment of legal compliance and corrective measures by partners through partners visit, communication and regular follow up.
- Support and guidance to admin associate in procurement, logistics and other admin related works.
- Budget tracking and provide timely alert to program team on utilization and under spending of budget.
- Will be fully responsible to prepare program related annual budget with support from program team
- Help team in preparing partners’ budget and other relevant documentation.
- Verification and Finalization of billsvouchers for payment and enter in to Tally Software on day to day basis.
- Quarterisation of operations budget and travel budget for all the three programs
- Assist Program Team in in Quarterisation of Budget of all three programs
- Prepare Indirect Budget and Travel Budget independently.
- Assist Program Team in Preparation of Partners Budget
- Preparation of Fund Projection and Fund Request for Operation and programs with support from program team
- Monthly Closing of Accounts and submission to CO
- Preparation of Summary Sheets (FC and Non FC) and submit to CO.
- Preparation of TDS Details (FC and Non FC) and submit to CO.
- Collection of Bank A/c Statement and preparation of BRS and submit to CO.
- Preparation of Financial Statement of Expenditure against Fund Received of all programs and operations and shared with teams on monthly and quarterly basis.
- Partners visit for their Administrative and Financial Monitoring to strengthen their system.
- Review partner’s funds transfer related documents and verify for fund transfer and send to CO.
- Any other assignment given from time to time as per organizational requirement by CO or Program Team and SM
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce or related field
- A minimum of two -three years of experience in NGO Accounting field and managing administration
- Adopt at using Microsoft Office applications – word, excel
- Working experience in Tally 7.2 or 9
- Verbal and written communication skills in English & Hindi
- Advanced degree in finance related field/ similar field
- 3 years related accounting experience in an NGO/International NGO
- Flexible attitude towards changing priorities and ability to multi-task with an eye for detail
- Strong initiative skill
- Team player
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
The salary range for this position will be determined based upon the experience of the candidate hired. Health benefits are also provided. The non-monetary compensation includes a unique opportunity to be part of an innovative, meaningful, and rapidly growing organization that is changing the world through the lifelong gift of education.
For more information please click the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd