Associate – Land Economics
Organization: Indian Institute for Human Settlements
Apply By: 05 May 2019
Location: New Delhi(Delhi) Bengaluru(Karnataka)
About The Organization:
The Indian Institute for Human Settlements (IIHS) is a national education institution committed to the equitable, sustainable and efficient transformation of Indian settlements. IIHS aims to establish an independently funded and managed national university for research and innovation focused on the challenges and opportunities of India’s urban transition. The proposed IIHS University will host an integrated programme of quality campus-based education and research, training and lifelong learning for working professionals, distance and blended learning, as well as a whole array of practice and advisory services
The Associate – Land Economics will be a part of an IIHS Project Team working on land records management and associated e-governance support initiatives. S/he will work on the land economics aspects of land governance and administration, including institutional policy questions on the specifics of land ownership, use, transfer, registration, titling, informality, varied tenure systems, the political economy of land and other related legal-policy issues. This will involve carrying out detailed studies on the economics of land and its linkages to the legal, policy and institutional issues in the context of national and state level initiatives. The position is based in our Delhi or Bengaluru office and involves significant travel and fieldwork in select locations.
- Be a part of the team working on land governance and management initiatives and carry out detailed secondary and primary data collection and analyses on ongoing initiatives in select sites, various states and at the national levels;
- Carry out data collection and analyses of detailed aspects of the project pertaining to the economics of land (including real estate and property markets, property tax systems, economic development both in public and private sector domains, master and regional plans, etc.), and the legal and policy aspects in governance and management of land assets including those in urban, peri-urban and rural areas;
- Assist in carrying out studies on fiscal, revenue and fiduciary aspects in governance and management of land by the State and non-state agents;
- Assist in reviewing and developing improved systems of land governance and management within the political economy of land, including economic aspects of land/property ownership, private and public land markets and transactions, efficient systems of documentation and information, equitable development of land infrastructure, and outcomes for different stakeholder groups;
- Translate the experiences from practice into knowledge to contribute to research. This would include publication of journal articles, working papers, case studies etc;
- Assist in content development and support in course delivery for training and capacity building initiatives related to land management, by using sectoral expertise along with various pedagogical approaches;
- Engage with government officials, market agents and other relevant stakeholders in Study states and locations on the above aspects;
- Assist in documentation and preparation of reports and outputs based on analyses of political and economic aspects of land law administration as needed;
- Assist in project implementation tasks, including helping setting up and managing site offices/teams; carrying out and managing field-work; delivering high-quality value-for money outputs; managing clients; ensuring cost-effectiveness of assignments; and assisting in reviewing and evaluating project performance;
- Participate in other activities of IIHS, including those related to academics, research and operations.
Structure and Reporting:
The Associate – Land Economics will report to the Head, Legal and Regulation at IIHS who is the Team Leader of the project.
Qualifications and Experience:
- IIHS is looking for a bright and enthusiastic economist with at least two-three years of work experience.
- The candidate should at least have a Master’s in Economics and prior experience of working in projects involving analysis of political economy and economic aspects of land/real estate in India.
- Experience of working on property tax systems will be an advantage.
- The candidate shall have good analytical skills and a proficiency in using MS Excel, database and other MS Office applications.
- The position requires excellent spoken and written English, whereas spoken and reading skills in Hindi or Kannada is preferable.
- Ability to write reports and project management skills will be necessary.
- S/he will be enthusiastic, willing to take on tough challenges, enjoy travel, have good inter-personal communication skills, and be comfortable in working in highly inter-disciplinary teams.
Please email an updated resume, along with a cover letter addressing how you meet the above requirements, to email@example.com (Subject: Associate – Land Economics).
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd