Organization: Council on Energy, Environment and Water
Apply By: 28 Feb 2019
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
Council on Energy, Environment and Water (CEEW), New Delhi
Associate, CEEW Centre for Energy Finance
Terms of Reference
The CEEW Centre for Energy Finance (CEF) acts as a non-partisan market observer and driver, to monitor, develop, test, and deploy financial solutions to advance the energy transition. It aims to help deepen markets, increase transparency, and attract capital in clean energy sectors in emerging economies. It will achieve this by comprehensively tracking, interpreting, and responding to developments in the energy markets, while also bridging gaps between governments, industry, and financiers. CEF is an initiative of the Council on Energy, Environment and Water (CEEW), one of South Asia’s leading think-tanks.
Responding to a growing need for enabling an efficient and timely energy transition in emerging economies, CEF will focus on developing fit for purpose market responsive financial products. A robust energy transition also requires deep markets, which need continuous monitoring, support, and course correction. By designing financial solutions and providing near-real-time analysis of current and emerging clean energy markets, CEF will build confidence and coherence across key actors, reduce information asymmetry, and bridge the financial gap.
Designation offered: Associate – Market Intelligence
Reporting to: Manager – Market Intelligence
Location: New Delhi, India
Start Date: 1st March 2019
The Centre for Energy Finance seeks to hire an Associate to build Centre’s capability to capture market trends and develop internal knowledge base in the clean energy sector. The candidate will be expected to take initiatives towards advancing the objectives of the Centre for Energy Finance. CEEW offers an intellectually challenging and conducive work environment, with a focus on research rigour, innovative thinking, and strategic outreach. We are looking for an enthusiastic and detail-oriented individual to join the interdisciplinary CEEW team.
The successful applicant will be well versed with the clean energy markets in India and other emerging economies. He/She will be responsible to understand both technical and regulatory trends and should be able to successfully capture them in quantitative and qualitative manner. All information may not be in public domain and the applicant will be expected to reach out to organisations (government and private) and sectoral experts to gauge the reasons behind a specific trend. Such analysis is then expected to be used by policy makers to frame guidelines/policies and industries to take important decisions. In short, the Programme Associate’s work is expected to feed into the final outputs of CEF which would assist decision makers in public and private sector.
In addition to the duties and responsibilities outlined below, the Programme Associate should be prepared, as and when necessary, to take on additional responsibilities and respond to events and developments that cannot be anticipated easily. The incumbent will be responsible for a full range of research and associated duties as highlighted below:
Job Duties and Accountabilities
- Track market developments regularly through both primary and secondary research.
- Develop cordial & working relationship with industry stakeholders for timely accessibility of data
- Develop short memos for cross country and cross sector learnings in RE sector based on research
- Review large amounts of data using a variety of software tools and methodologies
- Participate in knowledge-transfer activities, including collaborative meetings and training workshops with other research groups and institutions
- Undertake rigorous qualitative and quantitative analysis of market challenges and their impact on the clean energy sector
- Review large amounts of data and analyse information using a variety of mathematical tools and interdisciplinary methodologies
- Work with web developers and IT team to build an online portal to present relevant data points and trends in easily comprehensible manner
General responsibilities - Programme Assistance
- Assist with project implementation, including preparing presentations, factsheets and other communication material
- Assist administrative team for organization of relevant events (whenever needed)
- Support efforts to use new media platforms for wide dissemination of CEEW’s work and, in turn, closer engagement with the wider community
- Master’s degree with specialisation in economics/public policy/finance/power systems
- Sound understanding of India’s regulatory environment, financial structures, and energy markets (specifically solar, wind, and energy storage markets)
- Advanced quantitative and data analysis skills
- Minimum five years of relevant work experience
- Experience in dealing with public and private institutions within and outside India
- Experience of working with industry and/or in the energy sector
- Superior analytical abilities and familiarity with research methods
- Comfortable with numbers and ability to make sense of large data sets
- Effective time management to work on multiple research projects at the same time
- Ability and willingness to work in a dynamic and fluid environment
- Ability to work on own initiative and communicate effectively as a team member.
- Ability to analyse information and present in a clear and accurate manner
- Willingness to show initiative in order to handle unforeseen challenges
- Ability to work in multicultural teams
CEEW operates in a dynamic environment and the candidate will be required to show flexibility in undertaking a variety of tasks. CEEW is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates are encouraged to apply. CEEW offers a competitive compensation – commensurate to experience and matching the best of standards adopted by industry or other similar organisations.
The Council on Energy, Environment and Water is one of South Asia’s leading not-for-profit policy research institutions. The Council uses data, integrated analysis, and strategic outreach to explain and change the use, reuse, and misuse of resources. It prides itself on the independence of its high-quality research, develops partnerships with public and private institutions and engages with the wider public. In 2018, CEEW has once again been featured across nine categories in the ‘2017 Global Go To Think Tank Index Report’. It has also been consistently ranked among the world’s top climate change think tanks.
Interested candidates can send their applications to email@example.com till 28th Feb 2019.
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd