Associate Director - Environmental Excellence
Apply By: 07 Aug 2019
About the organization
PepsiCo’s food and beverage products are sold all around the world. Their six global divisions make and distribute diverse product portfolio, drive innovation, and deliver business with purpose.
The AMENA Public Policy, Government & Corporate Affairs (PPGCA) Sr. Manager – Environmental Excellence is a new and critical role established for the key purpose of creating the most favourable business climate for PepsiCo and bottler/partner plants in high env risk area by creating a fully integrated multi-stakeholder environmental advocacy plan that will reduce environmental risks and and prolong our license to grow
Key accountabilities include:
- Drive future business success by supporting AMENA sector markets to develop and execute holistic win-win advocacy plans on environmental matters.
- Partner with Legal, Supply Chain, R&D, and Category teams to implement environmental programs, prioritizing in key markets of Vietnam, Pakistan, Egypt, Thailand, and Philippines.
- Support developing representations on water, packaging, energy, and agriculture stewardship.
- Represent PPGCA in various AMENA environmental committees.
- Be in regular contact with BU PPGCA team members to support their needs on environmental matters.
- Work with external stakeholders and peer businesses to develop and execute multi-market environmental initiatives, e.g. regional/national stewardship work on packaging/water/agricultural.
- Engage and work with franchise team and bottlers on key environmental areas and joint industry initiatives.
- Implement capacity building program for BU teams on key environmental areas – including NGO partnerships, private-public partnerships, and internal employee volunteering initiatives – that enhance external reputation and advance internal employee engagement.
- Advance PepsiCo culture by developing and leading regular internal communications on PEP’s environmental agenda. Serve as key contact with AMENA communications team and support content creation with messaging, subject matter expert opinions, and latest thinking/trends on environmental topics
- High calibre individual with post-graduate in environment or related areas and at least 10-year experience in policy advocacy and corporate communication to lead PepsiCo on complex high-impact environmental policy issues in the key markets.
- Deep knowledge and hands-on experience of post-consumer plastic waste, greenhouse gases, sustainable agriculture, and water scarcity related matters in Asian and middle-eastern countries with ability to lift and shift best practices.
- Outstanding ethical strategic leadership, networking, and communication (written and verbal) skills to win trust and alignment from PepsiCo management to evolve golden triangle partnerships with external stakeholders.
- Excellent influencing, collaborating, and management skills to lead a network of indirect reports.
- Team player who can successfully drive the AMENA environmental agenda in close collaboration with various internal and external stakeholders, especially industry associations.
- Good understanding of sectoral countries, international environmental policy-instruments, NGO policy stances and environmental regulations and trends relevant to PepsiCo.
- Strong crisis management capabilities.
Key stakeholders / Key interactions:
- Public Policy, Government, and Corporate Affairs BU teams, Supply Chain, Legal, R&D, Franchise teams
- Not-for-profit partners such as WWF, community-based packaging and water stewardship bodies
- Multilateral agencies such as UNDP, UNE, WEF, WBCSD, WRI, A4WS, UNGC, RSPO, SFI, etc.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd