CPPGG – Entrepreneurship Development & Placement Expert
Apply By: 25 Jul 2019
About the organization
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the United Nations' global development network. It advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life for themselves. It provides expert advice, training and grants support to developing countries, with increasing emphasis on assistance to the least developed countries. It promotes technical and investment cooperation among nations. It works with local governments to meet development challenges and develop local capacity. It works internationally to help countries achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
About the organization
Centre for Policy & Good Governance (CPPGG) Uttarakhand has been set up to assist in bringing about governance reforms through studies, training, knowledge sharing and promotion of innovative ideas. CPPGG is deemed to act as the think tank in the State which will help in improving the research & analytics for preparing a better planning & policy framework.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the guidance of the supervisor and in close coordination with Labour & Technical Education departments, and UNDP experts, the Entrepreneurship & Placement Expert will
- lead formulation and implementation of a multi-layered strategy for deep engagement in enterprise promotion covering areas such as mobilization, awareness generation, bridging the information gap on opportunities, skill development (including managerial and entrepreneurial skills), acceleration and handholding/incubation, and partnerships for scale.
- develop strategies/formulate policies to promote micro -enterprise development across multi stakeholders including community members, governments, private sectors, project partners etc.
- review develop and customise existing entrepreneurship development training programmes with emphasis on specific needs of women starting micro-enterprises.
- create appropriate eco-system to support women entrepreneurs, particularly from rural areas and poorer urban locations, with market information, planning, financial linkages and accounting.
- lead knowledge management in the field of micro enterprise promotion and development to civil society, government and private sector partners.
- mobilise financial resources through continued networking and partnership development
- Analyse the present job placement system and will devise a new strategy to ensure sustainable employment opportunities for skilled beneficiaries
- Identify the new employment opportunities and guide the departments on incorporating such skills in the ongoing trainings
- Coordinate with private sector for effective placement of the trainees in sustainable employment opportunities
- Suggest improvisation in the existing skill development training programmes
The Expert on Entrepreneurship Promotion will discharge the following specific duties:
- Carry-out situational analysis of the entrepreneurial ecosystem in Uttarakhand and in districts with specific focus on the opportunities and challenges confronting the marginalized sections and women.
- Develop a systematic database on the entrepreneurial activities as they relate to the overall scope of the current and potential programme initiatives supported by government.
- Identify entrepreneurship opportunities and gaps in terms of the local resource endowments and needs as well as the broader supply-chain opportunities, and develop a shelf of entrepreneurship projects in order to provide a choice to potential entrepreneurs and institutions supporting such entrepreneurs with special emphasis on micro-enterprise promotion and development
- Provide technical assistance in designing and implementation of pilot projects in the rural areas, and monitor progress in the field;
- Prepare proposals and documents as per the donor/partner requirements and coordinate with stakeholders to mobilise resources.
- Lead development of prototypes in the micro-enterprise vertical in consultation with youth, government(s), private sector, etc and lead team to achieve scale
- Build equitable partnership with ‘aggregators’ for services like driving, plumbing, electrical repairing, mobile repairing, waste collection etc. with promotion of concept like service entrepreneurs
- Identify leading private sector foundations doing cutting edge work on micro-enterprise promotion and development and help forge linkages with them
- Identify a clear menu of support services including linkages for credit and skill development that are available under various Government policies/programme initiatives such as the National Rural Livelihood Mission (NRLM), National Urban Livelihood Mission (NULM), Deen Dayal Upadhaya Grammen Kaushal Vikash Yojana (DDUGK), Prime Minister’s Kaushal Vikash Yojana (PMKVY), scheme on Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL), the RUDSETI/RSETI programme, and similar initiatives at the state-level. Also help forge such linkages during the implementation phase.
- Identify specific solutions including capacity building measures required for the inclusion of women as also the marginalized sections for micro enterprise promotion and development.
- Identify specific needs and solutions for acceleration and incubation and mentorship for microenterprise promotion and development with special focus on women, tribal, Dalits and other vulnerable population
- Help forge partnership with private sector and promotional institutions in areas of concentration (e.g. trade associations, Sector Skill Councils).
- Develop M&E framework and research strategies for programme initiatives under implementation.
- Conduct a series of studies and organize high-engagement workshops for dissemination of results and lessons as ‘proof of concept’ for wider adoption.
Leadership and supportive roles in following tasks:
- Establish partnership with reputed academic institutions, govt. agencies, certifying agencies, industry practitioners, business enterprises, public - private schemes and programmes for design and develop academic curriculum for certificate programmes for community level entrepreneurial mentors in line with NSQF standard for entrepreneurship development.
- Working with social work schools on imparting curriculum on psycho-social and life-skill component of mentorship curriculum.
- Design, develop and vet pedagogy (curriculum, learning materials, toolkits and offline and online materials) for training and certification of cadre.
- Imparting training to Master Mentors as field level adjunct faculties for imparting certificate programme.
- Develop and design online pedagogy and make it available for public with the support of implementation partners.
- Conducting research and reviews on good practices, sustainable initiatives and established curriculums for entrepreneurship development exists nationally and internationally.
- Preparing knowledge management materials including but not limited to best practices, case studies, process documents etc.,
- Assistance in conducting consultations, workshops, summits, seminars, etc. for achieving above said objective.
- Keeping regular contact with project experts and consultants and reviewing the reports and other documents that can be useful for curriculum development
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the reporting officers.
In close coordination with Technical Education & Skill Development Department, devise strategy to increase the employability of trainees and provide placement assistance
- Devise a counselling and placement assistance strategy for ensuring sustainable employment opportunities inside and outside the State
- Prepare a finishing skill course for students for ensuring their workplace readiness with special emphasis on Employability skills such as writing of CVs, interview preparation, workplace ethics & safety; Behavioral skills like interpersonal communication, positive attitude motivation.
- Support the departments in preparing a communication skill improvement for the trainees.
- Establishing industry networking and partnerships for internships and student placements.
- Ensure a demand supply chain in partnership with industries and other related institutions for trained youths.
- Prepare a database for tracking the employability of the youth from Uttarakhand
- Any other task assigned by the supervisor
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in fields related to enterprise promotion and management, business management and/or rural credit/micro-financing.
- Masters in relevant field is desirable
- The candidate should have at least 7-10 years of proven relevant experience in managing enterprise promotion programmes.
- Experience in areas such as rural microcredit schemes is recommended, including in-depth exposure to methodology, assessment, implementation, and reporting.
- Experience in offering placement assistance/devising strategy for improvement of placement.
- Experience in working at grassroots/community level is an essential requirement of the post.
- Experience in writing proposals and coordination/networking with funders/agencies for resource mobilisation
- The candidate should also be proficient in financial management as s/he will be responsible for implementation and budget control of projects that are taken-up in this subject area through UNDP’s own resources or with funds mobilized from other sources.
- Familiarity with the Government/UN project implementation will be an added advantage.
Language Requirements: Fluency in written and oral English and Hindi.
Remuneration: Remuneration package is INR 1,19,175/- per month (taxable). UNDP also offers additional benefits which include medical insurance coverage and limited pension reimbursement for contract holder and encourages work life balance to its employees.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd