CPPGG – Environment & Climate Change Specialist
Apply By: 25 Jul 2019
About the organization
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the United Nations' global development network. It advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life for themselves. It provides expert advice, training and grants support to developing countries, with increasing emphasis on assistance to the least developed countries. It promotes technical and investment cooperation among nations. It works with local governments to meet development challenges and develop local capacity. It works internationally to help countries achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
About the Project
Centre for Policy & Good Governance (CPPGG) Uttarakhand has been set up to assist in bringing about governance reforms through studies, training, knowledge sharing and promotion of innovative ideas. CPPGG is deemed to act as the think tank in the State which will help in improving the research & analytics for preparing a better planning & policy framework.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support to the State as a Specialist who for environmental risk management and efficiently translate the goals and targets as agreed upon the SDG Vision Document
- Provide technical support to the CPPGG Project team and various departments in the government to Design and operationalize Climate Change Adaptation Plan based on the SDG VISION 2030 document and in line with the SDG indicators approved by Central & State Government:
- Support in undertaking a Vulnerability and Future Risk Assessment in coordination with various internal & external stakeholders for effective mitigation and adaptation strategies against the targets set in the SDG VISION 2030 DOCUMENT:
- Support the Centre for Public Policy & Good Governance in drafting a short-term action plan, medium term strategies and long-term Adaptation Plan and formulate a Programmes/projects for Adaptation to the Climate Change in close coordination with relevant departments
- Generate reports on various environment and climate change adaptation sector:
- Ranking of Districts, Departments for performance improvement
- Capacity Building & Training of staff:
Required Skills and Experience
Required Qualification and Experience:
- Master's degree in Environmental Studies/Climate Change /Ecology/ Green Economics /Energy/ international development or related social science field, with related national and international experience of 7-10 years
- 5 years of relevant experience with government at the national level or sub-national level with experience of environment, climate change etc.
- Experience in Environmental Impact Assessment/Climate Change Adaptation strategy preparation
- Experience in leading a team or sub-offices as part of a larger organization or entity.
- Experience in the policy development processes in climate change risk management;
- Experience in data analytics for decision making.
- Good Knowledge on the local context (Himalayas) is an asset.
- Prior Work Experience on SDGs/MDGs/ or related development programmes
Language Requirements: Fluency in written and oral English and Hindi.
Remuneration: Remuneration package is INR 1,19,175/- per month (taxable). UNDP also offers additional benefits which include medical insurance coverage and limited pension reimbursement for contract holder and encourages work life balance to its employees.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd