CPPGG Monitoring & Evaluation Expert
Apply By: 25 Jul 2019
About the organization
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the United Nations' global development network. It advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life for themselves. It provides expert advice, training and grants support to developing countries, with increasing emphasis on assistance to the least developed countries. It promotes technical and investment cooperation among nations. It works with local governments to meet development challenges and develop local capacity. It works internationally to help countries achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
About the Project
Centre for Policy & Good Governance (CPPGG) Uttarakhand has been set up to assist in bringing about governance reforms through studies, training, knowledge sharing and promotion of good ideas. CPPGG is deemed to act as the think tank in the State which will help in improving the research & analytics for preparing a better planning & policy framework.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the CEO, CPPGG, the incumbent will –
1. Provide technical support to the CPPGG Project team and various departments in the government to Design and operationalize an integrated monitoring and evaluation (M&E) system based on the SDG VISION 2030 document and in line with the SDG indicators approved by Central & State Government:
- Develop a framework for SDG monitoring and data management system for collecting, validating and analyzing data on progress of SDGs.
- Prepare a M&E guideline with principles, procedures, information on data collection and details of reporting, frequency and source of data.
- Identify, appoint and manage the technology consultant to use innovative technologies and to develop an SDG Dashboard and mobile applications to build a robust institutional structure for conducting regular monitoring of SDGs.
- Developing results monitoring frameworks, including establishing baselines and setting targets and proxy targets as per directions given by Niti Aayog/MoSPI/State Government.
- Develop capacity of line departments for more responsive and accountable governance, through IT based tools.
2. Coordinate with various internal & external stakeholders for effective monitoring of progress against targets set in the SDG VISION 2030 DOCUMENT:
- Responsible for coordinating with the various departments, SDG wise, to help them collect data and use the same for effective monitoring of progress on SDGs
- Coordination with agencies involved in the process, including Government of Uttarakhand, UN Agencies, NITI Aayog, Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MoSPI), and technical agencies and collaboration with United Nations Development Programme.
3. Generate reports for effective management and accountability:
- Identify qualitative and quantitative data sources and set up mechanisms for timely and quality data reporting as well as capturing lessons learnt.
- Generate high quality monitoring reports using data analytics, at agreed intervals, including on specific themes that help review progress and programme strategy
- Ensure preparation and dissemination of knowledge products.
4. Ranking of Districts, Departments for performance improvement
- Prepare ranking of districts on the composite district monitoring framework prepared and provide inputs for improvement.
- Prepare department wise ranking for performance improvement of public service delivery.
- Support in the review meeting by preparing reports, triangulating them with other indicators etc.
- Review of the framework/tool for objective measurement of indicators and make amendments.
5. Evaluation support to the State Government Schemes and programmes
- Support the State departments in conducting impact evaluation for schemes and programmes
- Preparation of methodology of evaluation along with timelines for programmes and projects
- To support the implementing and responsible parties evaluate project’s/schemes impact using the impact evaluation methodology.
6. Capacity Building & Training of staff:
- Coordinate with District based Data Coordinators and Data Operators in establishing simple processes and capacity building at the District Office level for collecting quality data for management and accountability in line with SDG VISION 2030 Document
- Enhancing the capacity of the State and District officials on Monitoring & Evaluation.
- Deliver M&E related training to above mentioned staff members and other nodal officers of the government
- Performing other duties within the purview of the programme and any related activities as assigned by the CEO, CPPGG.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in development economics, statistics, public administration, public policy or related social science field
- Masters is desirable
- 5 years of relevant experience with government at the national level or sub-national level with experience of setting up complex evidence-based M&E systems
- Experience in leading a team or sub-offices as part of a larger organization or entity.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems
- Experience in data analytics for decision making.
- Prior Work Experience on SDGs/MDGs/ or related development programmes
- Fluency in written and oral English and Hindi.
Remuneration package is INR 119,175/- per month (taxable). UNDP also offers additional benefits which include medical insurance coverage and limited pension reimbursement for contract holder and encourages work life balance to its employees.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd