CPPGG SDG Integration & Localisation Expert
Apply By: 25 Jul 2019
About the organization
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the United Nations' global development network. It advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life for themselves. It provides expert advice, training and grants support to developing countries, with increasing emphasis on assistance to the least developed countries. It promotes technical and investment cooperation among nations. It works with local governments to meet development challenges and develop local capacity. It works internationally to help countries achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Centre for Policy & Good Governance (CPPGG) Uttarakhand has been set up to assist in bringing about governance reforms through studies, training, knowledge sharing and promotion of innovative ideas. CPPGG is deemed to act as the think tank in the State which will help in improving the research & analytics for preparing a better planning & policy framework.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the CEO, CPPGG, the incumbent will:
1. Provide coordination support by coordinating with the Planning Department during the process of implementing next steps of already developed SDG VISION 2030 by integrating SDG targets in State, District and GPDP plans:
- Ensure orienting of local planning and implementation at GP level by providing technical knowhow and hand hold all district / GP functionaries in formulation of Gram Panchayat Development Plans (GPDP) including mapping of existing schemes under the GPDP with the SDGs.
- Ensure that specific SDG Action plans for each SDG has a clear deliverable for the District and GP plans.
- Responsible for coordinating with the various departments w.r.t respective SDGs to help them translate their SDG VISION into 3-year Action Plan and 7-Year Strategy.
- Coordination with agencies involved in the process, including Government of Uttarakhand, UN Agencies, NITI Aayog and technical agencies.
- Highlight cross-cutting issues among the working groups to facilitate “whole of government approach”.
2. Strengthen the functioning of state level resource institutions and departments for training
- Ensure the state institutions working towards the monitoring of GPDP and FFC utilization are suitablly supported and District and Block Resource Centres are strengthened.
3. Developing relevant CB & T and knowledge materials
- Ensure that Manuals and modules are available along with Capacity Building at the District and GP level in the local language also
- Ensure that knowledge products prepared are of high quality and are disseminated to the relevant institutions and stakeholders.
- Identify and collate national and international best practices and material that can be adapted by the States
- Conduct research studies, develop fact sheets and awareness generation material.
4. Identifying and Collaborating with Institutions/Experts with thematic specializations
- Identify and build network of resource institutions/experts/NGOs at the national level and in specific states on thematic specializations to strengthen the capacity building efforts.
- Develop a data base of institutions/experts/organisations and collaborate with them in making research material, design and conduct trainings.
- Bring in international knowledge/experts
5. Oversight to SDG Conclaves and Meetings to be held for each SDG- department wise
- Help establish groups and their time line and Action Plan for department wise Conclaves
- Coordinate and support the meeting of all the Conclaves (members will include senior officials from departments and other experts) that have been formed to work on each of the SDGs.
- Support the creation of an action plan for roll out of the SDGs in Uttarakhand including linking it to the process of budgeting
- Suggest and prepare detailed concept notes for possible actions that will be identified to dovetail state development priorities with the SDG framework.
6. Support the state governments in developing strategies for the roll-out of the Sustainable Development Goals agenda:
- Provide technical inputs in planning the roll-out by bringing together relevant experiences from other countries.
- Collate and present information and data on social and economic priorities of the state. Prepare short status notes for use of the working groups.
- Contribute to the design of sensitization programmes and capacity building workshops.
7. Contribute to implementation of select strategies as agreed with the state government
- Identify the areas of focus with the greatest potential for impact and scale, in collaboration with the government, sectoral colleagues and senior management,
- Undertake continuous scoping of the development landscape in the state for identifying opportunities for future work.
8. Manage partnerships and platforms
- Build and maintain collaborative relationships with counterparts with state government, UN Agencies, donor agencies and civil society organizations on issues related to UNDP’s work and mandate
- Prepare project plans for pitching SDG with Private sector partner platforms involving companies, business forums and banking sector
- Identify and document lessons for replication and upscaling if applicable.
9. Programme Management functions:
- planning, coordinating and monitoring the activities of the SDG LOCALISING component of the CPPGG project.
- develop Annual Work Plan
- Ensure preparation of periodical progress reports (quarterly and annual reports), review quality and consistency of internal reports.
- Ensure receipt of quarterly progress reports and quarterly financial reports from all project sites, check for slippage against work plan and take corrective action;
- Ensure effective financial management and reporting as per the UNDP financial guidelines.
- Ensure financial delivery of the project as per the AWP.
- Ensure that regular Project appraisal meetings are held.
- Participate in meetings and discussions related to project implementation, monitoring and follow-up.
- Any other responsibility assigned by the supervisor
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Development, Public and Business Administration, Economics, Political Sciences, Social Sciences or related field.
- Masters in relevant field is desirablep
- Minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience in the field of institutional development, capacity building , project design, project monitoring, research, reporting and documentation.
- Experience in managing big projects, handling partnerships including funding.
- Good understanding of issues pertaining to Panchayati Raj Institutions as well as training institutions.
- Understanding of Human Resource issues.
- Ideally should have worked and engaged extensively in institutional development.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, Power Point etc).
- Good communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, with an ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Previous work experience with government agencies is desirable.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure
- Willingness to travel extensively.
- Fluency in written and oral English and Hindi.
Remuneration package is INR 98,492/- per month (taxable). UNDP also offers additional benefits which include medical insurance coverage and limited pension reimbursement for contract holder and encourages work life balance to its employees.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd