Vegan Outreach is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization working to end violence towards animals. Vegan Outreach seeks a future when sentient animals are no longer exploited as commodities. We strive to reach a broad range of communities and locations that reflect the diversity of the population in India. While based in the United States, we also have an extensive presence in Australia, Canada, Mexico, New Zealand, and India.
Terms of employment: Full-time, Independent Contractor
Reports to: India Campaigns Manager and Outreach Coordinator
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Generate leads for campaigns through online research and cold calling.
- Draft and update campaign documents as necessary.
- Deliver compelling presentations to persuade businesses and institutions to modify their food policies and menus.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders at target businesses and institutions.
- Track and report campaign successes on an ongoing basis and suggest tactics for improvement.
- Assist in promoting the organisation’s work through online and print media platforms by drafting written content such as press releases, blog posts, etc and networking with journalists, publishers, editors, and activists.
- Perform other campaign duties as assigned.
- Develop and implement a social media strategy and calendar to align with the organisation’s mission and goals.
- Manage all activities for Vegan Outreach’s social media pages for India including content development, publishing, and community management.
- Track, analyse, and report growth and engagement metrics on an ongoing basis.
- Identify and work with social media influencers to promote Vegan Outreach’s mission.
- Stay up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications, and implement tactics to increase brand awareness.
- Minimum of two years of experience in marketing, business development, public affairs, corporate affairs, or related field.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to communicate effectively, and proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Strong work ethic, self-motivation, an ability to work well with others, and a demonstrated ability to meet multiple project deadlines.
- A willingness and ability to travel frequently.
- Strong working knowledge of social media platforms.
- Reliable access to the internet, a dedicated personal computer, and/or a smartphone.
- Experience in working with project management tools such as Basecamp, Asana, or JIRA is preferred.
Compensation: Competitive, paid on an hourly basis. As part of the interview process, the selected candidate will be offered a 1-month trial period (compensation will be offered).
Application Period: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Vegan Outreach provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, caste, sex, descent, religion, place of birth, residence, national, social or ethnic origin, age, colour, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family, marital or parental status. Vegan Outreach does not tolerate any forms of discrimination or harassment.