Organization: World Resources Institute
Apply By: 25 Apr 2019
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
About the Organization:
WRI India, an independent charity legally registered as the India Resources Trust, provides objective information and practical proposals to foster environmentally sound and socially equitable development. Their work focuses on building sustainable and liveable cities and working towards a low carbon economy. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, WRI India puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being.
In this newly created role, you will have the opportunity to increase our ability to impact thought leadership around urban, energy, forests, adaptation, and climate policy issues. Reporting to the CEO of WRI India and leading our research and analytical work, you will be a member of the WRI India Executive Team as well as a member of the global WRI Economics team. Your reputation as a recognized economist will enable you to have an impact across our global network.
Your main areas of responsibility will include the following:
Research & Knowledge:
- Provide intellectual leadership - identify economic knowledge gaps where our research can produce changes in society consistent with our mission, in collaboration with research staff from the different programs and our Economics Team
- Lead research and analytical work in key WRI research areas, largely focused on urban, energy, forests, adaptation and climate policy areas
- Support the economics content of the research efforts of programmaticteams in WRI India. Identify the data and methods needed to produce robust, unbiased research that addresses knowledge gaps and informs influence strategies
- Review knowledge products written by other WRI researchers as relevant. Identify knowledge gaps and influence opportunities where WRI India research canproduce meaningful improvements
- Cultivate relationships that expand the audiences for knowledge products and their uptake of tools and research products. Author or co-author knowledge products and review and provide constructive feedback on knowledge products produced by other WRI India and global initiatives
- Advise project objective strategies and outcomes for major research projects
- Identify potential gaps in personnel or expertiseand develop plans to fill them
- Define project success criteria jointly with program directors and the WRI India leadership team;disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle
- Contribute toprograms’ strategy development, partnership development and fundraising proposals (presentations, narratives, budgets)
- Collaborate with program directors to determine appropriateresearch topics and plans for proposals and development efforts
- Leverage new and maintain existing relationships with foundations, governments and individual donors
- Develop and lead outreach/funding presentations to potential donors
- Evaluate program performance
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum of 15 years of relevant full-time work experience with a minimum of 8 years in a leadership position.
- Advanced degree in economics, with a focus on either the urban, energy or climate policy areas.
- Proven ability to provide vision and superb strategic thinking skills to identify strategic projects, drive transformative change, and bring outcomes to scale
- Proven experience in stakeholder engagement, convening, and partnership management
- Strong research skillswith relevant experience on publishing high impact reports, familiarity with peer review processes, and experience in multi-partner joint publications
- Outstanding ability to communicate clearly, passionately, and compellingly to a wide range of audiences, especially high-level decision-makers from government, the private sector, and civil society
- Superior management skills, including project management, staff supervision, and financial management. Demonstrated ability to successfully motivate and manage teams
- Experience with donor management
- Experience working in major international institutions and/or in government
- Familiarity with the operation models of NGOs/research institutionsStrong governmental network with significant experience in working directly with relevant ministries
- A PhD would be highly desirable.
Salary and Benefits
Salary shall be commensurate with experience and skills. WRI offers a generous and comprehensive benefits package.
Location: Delhi, India
To Apply: Qualified applicants should apply online at www.wri.org/careers. All applications must be submitted online through this career portal in order to be formally considered. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purpose.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd