Child Protection Specialist (Monitoring and Evaluation)
Apply By: 25 Sep 2019
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
About the Organization:
UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Defending children's rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfill their potential – to the benefit of a better world.
Post: Child Protection Specialist (Monitoring and Evaluation)
Key function, accountabilities and related duties/tasks:
Support to program/project development and planning
- Support the preparation/design and conduct/update of situation analysis for the child protection programs/projects and/or sector to ensure that current comprehensive and evidence-based data on child protection issues are available to guide UNICEF’s strategic policy advocacy, intervention and development efforts on child rights and protection and to set program priorities, strategies, design and implementation plans. Keep abreast of development trends to enhance program management, efficiency and delivery.
- Participate in strategic program discussion on the planning of child protection programs/projects. Formulate, design and prepare programs/projects proposal for the sector, ensuring alignment with the overall UNICEF’s Strategic Plans and Country Program and coherence/integration with UN Development Assistance Framework (UNDF), regional strategies and national priorities, plans and competencies.
- Establish specific goals, objectives and strategies and implementation plans for the sector/s using results-based planning terminology and methodology (RBM). Prepare required documentations for program review and approval.
- Work closely and collaboratively with internal and external colleagues and partners to discuss strategies and methodologies and to determine national priorities/competencies to ensure the achievement of concrete and sustainable results.
- Provide technical and operational support throughout all stages of programming processes and to ensure integration, coherence and harmonization of programs/projects with other UNICEF sectors and achievement of results as planned and allocated.
Program management, monitoring and delivery of results
- Plan and/or collaborate with internal and external partners to establish monitoring benchmarks, performance indicators and other UNICEF/UN system indicators and measurement to assess/strengthen performance accountability, coherence and delivery of concrete and sustainable results for the assigned sector in child protection programs.
- Participate in monitoring and evaluation exercises, program reviews and annual reviews with government and other counterparts to assess progress and to determine required action/interventions to achieve results.
- Prepare/assess monitoring and evaluation reports to identify gaps, strengths/weaknesses in program and management, identify lessons learned and use knowledge gained for development planning and timely intervention to achieve goals.
- Actively monitor programs/projects through field visits, surveys and/or exchange of information with partners/stakeholders to assess progress, identify bottlenecks and potential problems and take timely decisions to resolve issues and/or refer to relevant officials for timely resolution.
- Monitor and verify the optimum/appropriate use of sectoral program resources (financial, administrative and other assets) confirming compliance with organizational rules, regulations/procedures and donor commitments, standards of accountability and integrity and ensuring timely reporting and liquidation of resources.
- Prepare regular/mandated program/project reports for management, donors and partners to keep them informed of program progress.
Technical and operational support to program implementation
- Provide technical guidance and operational support to government counterparts, NGO partners, on data management, monitoring and evaluation. Arrange/coordinate availability of technical experts with Regional Office/HQ to ensure timely/appropriate support throughout the programming/projects process.
- Draft policy papers, briefs and other strategic program materials with focus on child protection data for management use, information and/or consideration
Networking and partnership building
- Build and sustain effective close working partnerships with relevant government counterparts, national stakeholders and global partners/allies/donors/academia through active networking, advocacy and effective communication to build capacity, exchange knowledge/expertise and to reinforce cooperation to achieve sustainable and broad results in data management, research and monitoring for child protection.
- Prepare communication and information materials for CO program advocacy to promote awareness, establish partnership/alliances and support fund raising for child protection programs and emergency interventions.
- Participate and/or represent UNICEF in appropriate inter-agency (UNCT) discussions and planning on child protection (data, monitoring and evaluation) and related issues to collaborate with inter-agency partners/colleagues on UNDAF planning and preparation of programs/projects ensuring organizational position, interests and priorities are fully considered and integrated in the UNDAF process in development planning and agenda setting.
Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
- Apply/introduce innovative approaches and good practice to build the capacity of partners and stakeholders and to support the implementation and delivery of concrete and sustainable program results.
- Keep abreast, research, benchmark and implement best practices in child protection management and information systems. Assess, institutionalize and share best practices and knowledge learned.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure optimum efficiency and efficacy of sustainable programs and projects.
- Organize and implement capacity building initiatives to enhance the competencies of clients/stakeholders to promote sustainable results in child protection and related programs/projects.
Education: An Advanced University degree in international development, human rights, psychology, sociology, international law, public health and other social science field is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in the area of monitoring and evaluation, social statistics, population studies, or related field.
- Experience in designing/supervising of surveys, information management systems is required. Relevant experience in child protection and related areas, program/project development and management in a UN system agency or organization is an asset.
- Experience in both development and humanitarian contexts are an added advantage.
Language Requirements: Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or a local language is an asset.
Duration: Selected applicant will have an initial two (2) year fixed-term contract, with possibility of extension, subject to satisfactory performance.
Closing Date: Wed Sep 25 2019 23:55:00 GMT+0530 (India Standard Time)
For more information please click the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd