Organization: Population Council
Apply By: 20 Feb 2019
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
About the Organization:
Founded in 1952, New York ,The Population Council is an international, nonprofit, non-governmental organization. The Council conducts research in biomedicine, social science, and public health and helps build research capacities in developing countries. It also provides a forum for discussion on related issues of public policy and Studies in Family Planning, which focuses on public health, social science, and biomedical research involving sexual and reproductive health, fertility, and family planning.
Reporting To: Country Director and Senior Management team
Role: The Communications Specialist will promote the mission of the Council in India with an emphasis on enhancing its visibility in the sector, drive organisational and communications objectives of the Council at the national and state level, co-ordinate with program teams to create, collate and deliver textual, audio and visual content, ensure consistency in all communications, build stakeholder trust and advocacy, and build media relationships.
- The key purpose of this position is to assist and support program communication needs
- Build and foster collaborative relationships within the organization to stay informed and abreast of new initiatives, projects and services
- Implements the organization’s communication and advocacy strategy in consultation with the Country Director and other senior staff
- Supports the design, implementation and monitoring of project communication strategy as required
- Prepares various written reports, drafts section of studies, e-briefings and case studies.
- In accordance with program team, prepares Project new letters, brochures and other publicity and promotional materials.
- Designs and implements media (including social media) campaign for project activities (eg. drafting press briefings and press releases; managing twitter handle, facebook account etc.)
- Co-ordinates the production of internal and external communications, assists in the sub-editing and proof reading of communications products including but not limited to success stories, photographs, video and social media
- Develops effective relations with stakeholders including government representatives and partners
- Represent Council externally and coordinate efforts of other staff to increase visibility and positioning
- Develop media relations
Qualifications and Experience:
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Experience of working with donor funded projects will have an added advantage.
- Knowledge of current theories and practices in communication research, planning and strategy, and the role of mass and social media
- Knowledge of how to present information to different audiences, including government, donor, partners and media
- Proven writing, editing, design, videography, or photography skills
- Demonstrated skill in program communication, development of information and Communication materials
- Ability to produce analytical and well-presented reports and publications for the Council’s communications activities
- Proven ability to effectively manage relationships with government officials, community groups, media representatives, and consortium partners.
- Skills in MS Office, including Word, Excel, Power Point, Desktop Publisher and other graphics software is required.
- Must have a Master degree in Communication, Journalism, Public Relations or a closely related discipline7-10 years of experience as media or communication officer
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd