Organization: Society for Nutrition, Education & Health Action (SNEHA)
Apply By: 30 Apr 2019
About the Organization:
SNEHA is a non-profit organisation that works with women, children and public health and safety systems. Our innovative work in urban informal settlements aims to reduce maternal and neonatal mortality and morbidity, child malnutrition and gender-based violence.
Opening For: Communications- Manager
Name of the Program: Ops-Communication
Role Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
Job Location: Santacruz
The Role & Responsibilities:
The Communications Manager will design and implement the communications strategy for SNEHA to advance the organisation’s goals.
- Define the overall communications strategy for the organization for all its stake holders and be responsible for its planning and execution and managing the annual communications budget along with the CEO and Finance team.
- Effectively communicate the rationale for the organization and its various initiatives and program using a variety of mediums across the organization’s stakeholder map. Manage central, pan-organization communications as well as working with program to identify talking points and conceptualize and execute communication products including write-ups, Op-eds, thought leadership pieces, buzz feed style videos, social and digital media products, press coverage, newsletters, case stories etc.
- Manage the website and all digital properties ensuring timely updating, security checks and data backups, by hiring and managing an external vendor. Be responsible and the point person for all matters pertaining to the website in SNEHA.
- Be Responsible for the organization’s varied and integrated communication outputs including newsletters, annual report, program collateral material, website, social media, print media, mass media including interface with vendors for the same
- Pitch the organization’s work and credentials for awards and recognition, by identifying suitable awards and proactively applying for the same.
- Have the ability to understand policy and changes in external environment relate its relevance to the organization’s work and work proactively with program teams sensitize staff on latest developments through monthly/ weekly blasts of news articles and new research. Build capacity among the program team and documentation personnel by conducting workshops on photography, newsletter design, graphic design, blogs and social media management.
- Supporting the fundraising team by creating communications collaterals such as presentations, write-ups and briefs.
- Support program and domain teams in disseminations, consultations and other events by liaising with the media and taking ownership of all communications collateral for the same.
- Manage media relations for coverage across media channels as well as responding to and managing inbound media queries. Preparing fact-sheets, press releases for events, seminars.
Managerial (Leadership) Competencies
- Achieving communication deliverables of the organization
- Increasing SNEHA’s visibility and influence over its stake holders through accurate communication of its work
- Demonstrating leadership, culture, and values of the organization
- Ensuring consistency and continuity, representing SNEHA as a whole, taking initiative and responsibility of being well informed about the organization, the development sector and the area of public health and nutrition.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Media, journalism or related field. Master’s Degree is preferred.
- A background or interest in Nutrition/ Public Health/ Development sector is preferred
- A minimum work experience of 5-7 years, with at least some experience in working on nutrition / public health/development sector; in communication of newsletters, annual reports, marketing collateral, social media, print media etc.
- Good writing skills with the ability to be the voice of our organisation across social media channels and other communication collaterals.
- A working knowledge of mail chimp, WordPress, MS Office, social media management tools, etc.
- Ability to strategies, generate sound ideas and execute well.
- Exceptional fluency in Hindi and English. Knowledge of Marathi is a bonus.
- Extensive successful writing experience with a variety of print and online media communication.
- Proven ability to manage collaborations / partnerships with vendors, agencies, freelancers, designers.
- Comfort with site-visits and working in slum settings.
- Achievement mind set and an eagerness to take initiative.
- Enjoys communication in all forms – written, oral and online.
- Constantly learning and innovating.
- Sound values and work ethics.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd