Apply By: 20 Sep 2019
ABMSS, Bangalore, India
ABMSS (Akila Bharatha Mahila Seva Samaja) is a charitable society registered under the Karnataka Societies Act and headquartered in Bengaluru. The society is currently running projects at over 30 locations across the country in order to support free and safe treatment for underprivileged children born with congenital facial deformities. The flagship programme is known as the Cleft India Initiative and the society is desirous of engaging a Communications Manager to enhance the efficiency for this programme.
For more information, please visit www.abmss.in
Job Title: Communications Manager
Reports To: General Secretary
Scope of Position
- Create and manage compelling and engaging content for ABMSS’s campaigns, websites, emailers, Web pages and social media platforms to mobilize public for ABMSS’s work.
- Support ABMSS’s goals of public engagement, donor acquisition/retention, and high user engagement through creative content writing
Purpose of the Position
- To be the central point of contact for all content related work to help achieve ABMSS’s goals.
- Design and implement content to increase brand awareness, user engagement, website traffic, donor acquisition and donor retention.
- Write content to drive supporters and donors through online and other marketing channels.
- Work on monthly emailers, newsletters, website blogs and other pieces of content.
- To ensure all content is verified and aligned to the organizational goals and brand values.
- Develop campaign specific strategies to engage the audience and fundraise for regular and one-time giving.
- To analyse, strategize and implement content for multi-channel marketing with primary focus on digital.
- Work with the programs and regional teams to gather weekly content, stories, work updates and other material required to write content to meet ABMSS’s goals for public engagement.
- Work closely with the social media team, donor communications, media coordinator, designer, developer, digital marketing and program team to ensure holistic communication and engagement strategy.
- Write and produce engaging SEO friendly content. E.g. fundraising landing pages, donation ask emails, ads, social media posts, website blogs, multimedia content etc.,
- Research target audiences in India, with a focus on developing testing strategies to reach and retain those audiences.
- Implement strategies and capture monthly comprehensive evaluations through Google Analysis
- Gather case stories and related content from various program and regional teams
- Provide support and advice to other functions like programs, advocacy and PE to develop social media, digital and donor communication and internal communications.
- Suggest and research on latest trends, tools and campaigns in digital space and track competition and share comparative analysis
- To develop humanitarian toolkit and various campaign communication tool kit in advance
- Timely design communication material and produce/edit photos and videos for digital communication
- To carry out any other duties within the general scope of the post as directed by your line manager/head of the organization.
- To provide support to other members of the fundraising team as necessary.
Skill and Competence
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree required (preferably in arts, journalism, media studies)
- At least 2-5 years of working experience in communication or related field
- Ability to produce quality communications under significant time pressure
- Knowhow of digital analytics and social media tools
- Exposure to website design and development
- Ability to work independently and with the team. Team Player
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritise tasks to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent written skills in English.
- Experience with content management systems is an advantage, as is basic knowledge of HTML
- Experience with Google analytics and other social media analysis tools
- Knowledge of multimedia tools and editing soft wares.
- Eye for design aesthetics
- Open to learning new tools and communication ideas
- Significant experience of working with NGOs/development sector will be an added plus.
- The candidate should be willing to travel within the region/country extensively
Eligible candidates interested in this position are requested apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter, discussing their interest in and suitability for the position, along with an updated resume, giving details of three professional references and current cost to organization.
Last date for application will be the 20th September 2019.
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd