Organization: La Martiniere SEOMP Society
Apply By: 10 May 2019
Location: Kolkata(West Bengal)
About the Organization:
La Martiniere SEOMP Society (LMSS), a social wing of La Martiniere Kolkata, is a prominent Non-Profit Organisation of West Bengal. The main focus of the organisation is to impart quality, affordable and marketable skills for self and wage employment and capacitate the youth of the low income families to avail alternative as well as sustainable livelihood options by utilising their acquired skills gainfully. Over the past four decades, La Martiniere SEOMP is catering to the skill development need of the youth and adolescent boys & girls belonging to the challenged sections of the society with limited education, skills, resources and opportunities.
La Martiniere SEOMP Society (LMSS) in collaboration with Tech Mahindra Foundation (TMF) has initiated a Placement Linked Training Program (CSR Program) to support the marginalized urban youths living in slums and low income settlements under the jurisdiction of Kolkata Metropolitan Areas. The program is named as ‘SMART’ (Skills for Market Training).
- Graduate/Masters in Social Work/Sociology/Psychology or any relevant stream
- Good command on Bengali and Hindi language is desirable. Basic communication in English will be an added advantage.
- 1 year of experience of working in the field of mobilization.
Job Description (Roles & Responsibilities):
- Explore prospective catchment areas, local resource partners for mobilization of potential candidates. Initiate preliminary interaction / dialogue with CSOs/CBOs, Youth Clubs, LSG members and other concerned. Designing appropriate and innovative mobilization tools and techniques in consultation with project team.
- Initiate community based campaigning to increase visibility and for creation of awareness about SMART training programs among the management youth and their families.
- Organize various community events (i.e. FGD, Career Counseling, Spot enrolment etc.) along with the project team and local stakeholders.
- Update database of potential academic institutions/ training centers/NGOs / employers and contact them to organize need based sensitization programs for startup job opportunities offered by SMART centers.
- Initiate the process for primary as well as multilevel counselling, selection and admission of potential candidates along with the team.
- Activity planning, maintenance of files, project data and other necessary records and documents and time updating the same.
- Planning innovative approaches along with the team for publicity and other required measures to increase visibility of SMART centers.
- Study of training modules and actively participate in the process of facilitation as per the instruction of Center Coordinator as and when necessary.
- Home visits, Parents/ family counseling and follow up in case of discontinuation and/ or long absence of trainees. Assist project team during the process of placement as well as post placement follow up of SMART aspirants
- Participate in the process of reporting & documentation and provide back up support to the team while filling up and update the online MIS data related to SMART program.
- Actively participate in the process of networking meetings, seminars, workshops, cross learning sessions, volunteering programs, interface and / or any other collective actions.
- Participate in the process of planning and implementation of appropriate interactive programs to enhance skills and capacity of the SMART aspirants. Establish professional linkages and contacts with corporate/ individuals for the said purpose.
- Planning and conduct market / cliental survey, exposure visits, on job training, placement interviews, interface, exhibition/ display etc. in consultation with team.
- Ensure active participation of trainees in various programs related to project and partners.
Proficiency in Computers, report writing and communication skills.
Interested candidates may apply through Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd