Compliance / Legal Associate - Operations
Organization: World Resources Institute
Apply By: 15 May 2019
Location: (Delhi) Mumbai(Maharashtra)
About The Organization:
WRI India, an independent charity legally registered as the India Resources Trust, provides objective information and practical proposals to foster environmentally sound and socially equitable development. Their work focuses on building sustainable and livable cities and working towards a low carbon economy. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, they put ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being
The successful candidate will be expected to provide significant support to the Operations team in streamlining current practices and identifying innovative solutions to the compliance requirements of the India office. It is expected that this individual would be willing to manage routine processes to ensure 100% compliance of the all office on all regulatory requirements.
Location: Mumbai / Delhi, India
- Establish and continuously improve a consistent compliance framework for the identification, management, monitoring and reporting of Compliance risks and issues.
- Monitor the compliance at 3 levels, Program, Offices and Organization level
- Understanding of Regulatory laws, regulatory strategies, Trust (NGO) laws (FCRA), Company law (FIMA, FDI etc), shops & establishment (Compliance – bonus, wage, attendance, fire drill, IT, display requirements etc). Knowledge and experience of best practice compliance and governance frameworks, methodologies and emerging practice, compliance monitoring.
- Drafting and vetting of MOA, MOU, Bank guarantee, Indemnity Bonds if any, Undertakings and authority letters, vendor contracts, donor contracts, framing disclaimers in our contracts, etc. Vetting, consultation and co-ordination with the panel of lawyers to ensure documents are legally sound.
- File appropriate compliance reports with regulatory agencies. Conduct or direct the internal investigation of compliance issues. Identify compliance issues that require follow-up or investigation.
- Report violations of compliance or regulatory standards to duly authorized enforcement agencies as appropriate or required.
- Liaison with relevant legal department of Partners/Government offices and other authorities. Visit to Authorities for documentations, follow up and keeping the record of the same.
- Maintain regulatory or compliance documentation, determine operational compliance with regulations or standards. Communicate with government agencies. Conduct financial or regulatory audits.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Qualified LLB, with company secretary or CA as a desirable qualification. Sound understanding of laws and statutory regulations pertaining to company/trust, compliance management, regulatory is a must.
- At least 6-9 years full time work experience in financial management and administration or a related field
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, multi-cultural, global workplace
- Adaptable and flexible to shifting opportunities, priorities and needs. Should be able to deal with high levels of ambiguity and work with team members to find practical solutions.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd