Consultant – Performance Management
Organization: International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT)
Apply By: 02 Aug 2019
About the organization
The International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) is an international non-profit organization that undertakes scientific research for development. They believe that all people have a right to nutritious food and a better livelihood. They envision a prosperous, food-secure and resilient dryland tropics. Their mission is to reduce poverty, hunger, malnutrition and environmental degradation in the dryland tropics.
Location: The position will be based at ICRISAT, Patancheru.
The objective of this consultancy is to :
- conduct a comprehensive review of ICRISAT’s existing performance management approach;
- complete a gap analysis and opportunity identification; and
- develop a modern global performance management approach supported by a framework, philosophy, policy, standard operating procedure and a suite of modern tools & systems.
The consultant will prepare a detailed project plan to ensure the work is delivered on time, on scope and on budget. It is anticipated that this will include the following actions:
- Study the efficiency and effectiveness of the current performance management approach, frame work, policy and process, including the relevance of the current bell curve methodology;
- Compare and benchmark the existing performance management system with other relevant organisations;
- Develop a modern appropriate Performance management approach and philosophy;
- Propose appropriate development-oriented assessment methodologies which emphasize accountability and empowerment and provide practical avenues for the workforce to enhance performance standards;
- Develop a best practice goal setting approach which allows the linkage of individual goals to that of their program and the global Institute;
- Develop and effective performance improvement plan process;
- Develop a high performer development and reward process;
- Build methods and tools to encourage and record the practice of providing ongoing feedback throughout an evaluation period;
- Develop ways to enhance communication between the supervisors and the workforce to enable the clarifying of expectations and performance standards;
- Establish user friendly processes for capturing workforce skills and career advancement skill gap;
- Design and deliver a range of learning approaches and tools on the new approach and processes including:
- Training material (including methodology, agenda, materials)
- Learning aids – presentations, reference documents, videos
- Online learning activities (webinars)
The duration of the consultancy contract is 12 working weeks from the actual date of commencement of the work.
- The Consultant will be a suitably qualified individual with at least ten years’ relevant experience in the development and implementation of performance management systems and associated tools, preferably in international organizations.
- They will have demonstrated experience in completing similar work in the past and will have solid knowledge of global best practice in this area.
- They will have the ability to manage assignments effectively, consistently ensuring timeliness and quality of work with minimum supervision;
- In addition to good project management skills, they will have strong communication, presentation, analytical and report writing skills;
- They will be fluent in English. Knowledge of French would be an asset.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd