Consultant – Women’s Economic Empowerment
Organization: UN Women
Apply By: 20 Jun 2019
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
About the Organization
The United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women, also known as UN Women, is a United Nations entity working for the empowerment of women. UN Women became operational in January 2011.
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
Duties and Responsibilities
The consultant will work under the guidance and direct supervision of the Programme Analyst – Women’s Economic Empowerment Programme, UN Women in close coordination with the chair and members or the EWG. Specifically, the consultant will undertake the following tasks:
- Lead the process of constitution of the EWG including developing an overall strategy for its functioning, key roles, responsibilities and tasks, key milestones, deliverables and results.
- To facilitate the functioning of EWG
- review of existing laws and policies for rights of women workers in the informal sector including women farmers to facilitate the;
- review of international normative frameworks and good practices from countries that have adopted progressive law, policies and programmes for rights of women workers in the informal sector including women farmers;
- Preparation of relevant policy briefs, notes and case studies based on this review, as defined jointly between UN Women and EWG;
- Undertake consultative meetings with government and non-government stakeholders, relevant UN agencies and other development partners, to facilitate development and implementation of the roadmap in coordination with the EWG;
- Facilitate and coordinate the organisation of 1 national and 2 regional consultations, combining two or more regions (North, South, East, West and North-East), or as decided by EWG, with women farmers and workers in the informal sector and their collectives, as well as other relevant stakeholders, policy makers, practitioners, government partners, and academia towards refining and finalising the roadmap in coordination with the EWG;
- Prepare agenda, outcome documents and consultation reports for all 5 regional consultations and 1 national meeting;
- Finalise roadmap and framework for action based on inputs received from key stakeholders over the year-long consultations in close coordination with the EWG;
- Lead operationalization of the roadmap in close coordination with the EWG;
- Provide technical support to UN Women in its capacity building and policy initiatives on women workers in the informal sector;
Required Skills and Experience
Masters’ degree in Gender and Development Studies, or any Social Sciences.
- Minimum 8 years of professional experience in developing and implementing programmes on women’s economic empowerment with a focus on women workers in the informal sector and farmers.
- Demonstrable understanding of gender, development, policy and praxis issues in the context of women’s economic empowerment with a focus on women workers in the informal sector and farmers.
- Relevant papers, articles and knowledge products published.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
Strong written skills in English and good command over Hindi as medium of communication.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd