Consultant - SCE Programme Documentation and Communication
Organization: UN Women
Apply By: 18 Jan 2020
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
About the Organization:
UN Women is the UN Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women. UN Women is dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women. A global champion for women and girls, UN Women was established to accelerate progress on meeting their needs worldwide.
Position: Consultant - SCE Programme Documentation and Communication
Duties and Responsibilities:
Support the development of programme communications and advocacy materials:
- Draft press releases, Newsletters, articles, key messages, and other advocacy materials;
- Standardize the communications material and layout of the 12 Empowerment hubs in the 4 states – Rajasthan, Odisha, Bihar and Maharashtra; including physical standardization;
- Collating best practices on similar Empowerment Hubs across the globe and ensuring it is reflected in the layout of the Hub;
- Media collaboration strategy;
- Review translations, contact with printers and other suppliers to ensure production;
- Review of videos and photographs submitted by partners and/or external agencies, if need be visit to the field to collect high resolution photographs and videos;
- Maintain library/ database of reference materials and photos;
- Support the communications analyst during International Women’s Day and 16 Days of Activism;
- Follow guidelines from HQ and Geneva office.
Support and manage the SCE programme social media presence and on other platforms:
- Gather information for the development of content for the India website and social media channels;
- Share updates with the Communication team for the website and social media channels, as required;
- Maintain files, databases, and systems relevant to the SCE programmes digital presence;
- Track and monitor social media and report relevant information to UN Women staff;
- Research, compile and produce reports on web statistics on a regular basis and electronic surveys;
- Design and create social media content (infographics, videos, GIFs, social media cards etc.).
Provide media relations support to the UN Women India MCO:
- Maintain and update database of relevant press in country;
- Respond to requests for information, as delegated;
- Gather and compile inputs for Briefing notes and other subject related documents.
Facilitate knowledge management and sharing:
- Collate and document best practices and lessons learned;
- Support M & E analyst in documenting case studies and stories of change;
- Organize trainings and workshops on communication practices;
- Provide/ exchange information with Geneva HACRO and other SCE programme countries.
Perform other tasks as assigned by supervisor:
- Provision of efficient communications related support in planning, preparing and implementing communications and advocacy material for the SCE programme.
- Effectively support the development and review of audio visual material capturing the journey of young women and women under the SCE programme.
- Effective documentation and development of communications materials such press releases, social media posts and human impact/news stories for SCE programme.
- Monthly Reports on implementation of the communications activities. This report shall also tackle issues faced during implementation of the assignment and recommend follow-up actions.
Required Skills and Experience:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in communications, media relations, journalism or any other related field
- 1-2 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in public relations, communications or advocacy.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages, good knowledge and experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Knowledge of gender and human rights issues desirable.
Language Requirements: Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of official national language essential.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd