Organization: Inland Waterways Authority of India
Apply By: 23 May 2019
Location: Noida(Uttar Pradesh)
About The Organization:
Inland Waterways Authority of India (IWAI) is the statutory authority in charge of the waterways in India. It was constituted under NHAI Act-1985 by parliament of India. Its headquarters is located in Noida, UP. It does the function of building the necessary infrastructure in these waterways, surveying the economic feasibility of new projects and also administration
Remuneration: Rs.50,000 (Rs. fifty thousand only) per month.
Age Limit: 35-65 years.
- To look after IWAI litigation work to firmly secure the interest of organization, as required by the IWAI.
- Render effective legal assistance in the preparation of legal opinions, studies, reports and correspondence, as required from time to time. Supervise and monitor the contesting of the cases in various courts of law. Supervise and coordinate works in the legal cell of IWAI.
- To deal with cases and contest in various courts are generally related to Civil, Arbitrator, Land Acquisition, National Consumer Dispute Redressal Commission, Industrial Tribunal cum-Labour Court, Tribunals, Central Information Commission, District Consumer Forum, Civil Miscellaneous Applications, Division Bench Appeals, and Criminal Miscellaneous.
- Coordinate with the all Heads of Departments and all Regional office with regard to Legal matters. Ensuring the providing of appropriate legal advice on a diverse range of substantive and procedural questions of law arising in administrative functioning of IWAI including advice in all legal matters, to firmly secure the interest of IWAI.
- Offer Legal Opinions to the Head of Departments and Regional Directorate in respect of the Legal Matter. Scrutinize the Remarks; Counter Affidavits and Affidavits filed by the IWAI. Vetting of Rules, Regulations, Deeds, Notification, etc. relating to departments.
- To monitor the performance of empaneled Counsels/Law firm of the IWAI in preparation of Counter Affidavit, Written Statement, Writ Appeals, and Vacate Stay Petition etc. To make Coordination between IWAI and Law Firms/Advocates on legal matter. To assist the senior management to complete the procedure of engagement of New Law Firms/Advocates for Empanelment to IWAI.
- Processing of various Fee Bills of advocates, professional fee bills received from the empaneled Law Firms and Counsels.
- Review and provide legal advice on tender documents. Review ongoing cases and advice management accordingly. Liaise with relevant departments to ensure whether legal risks may identified, appropriate courses of action to be taken. Provide legal protection and risk management advice to management especially on contract management. Provide and interpret legal information and disseminate appropriate legal requirements to IWAI officials.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Law from a recognized university. Person with 10 years post qualification experience in the relevant field would be essential.
- Should be retired Central/ State Government employees/ Retired PSU employees at the Level 11 or above equivalent to Under Secretary/Deputy Secretary or above.
- Strong understanding of legal requirements in Indian context.
- Officer having experience of working with Govt./PSU etc. will be preferred.
- In depth knowledge of legal systems & structures.
- Strong understanding and experience in all aspects of relevant legal area.
- Skillful with business management, leadership, and strategic legal approaches.
- Commercially aware and able to act in IWAI’s best interests.
- Strong understanding of property rights and laws, contract negotiations, corporate law, and real estate law including construction.
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills.
- Sound understanding of legal ethics.
- Skills in building and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong planning and organization skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Proficiency in Hindi and English languages.
The closing/ last date for receipt of application is 23/05/2019, with application in prescribed proforma, to be addressed to the Assistant Secretary (R.&T.), IWAI, A-13, Sector1, Noida-201301(UP), through registered post/ speed post
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd