Coordinator, Gender Project
Organization: Barefoot College
Apply By: 20 Nov 2019
The Gender project will reach out to adolescents in Assam’s tea estates to educate them about normative behaviours, gender binaries and stereotypes through a reflective and interactive curriculum.
The Coordinator shall be responsible for planning, conducting and monitoring the training workshops in the project locations (Hathikuli and Sessa Tea Estate, Assam).
S/he should have a good understanding of Assam’s context and a high level of awareness and sensitivity around gender issues.
S/he will also be expected to help in designing contextual curriculum, and will be responsible for coordinating and implementing training with teachers in the project locations, ensuring that the deliverables are achieved and report on the progress in a periodic manner. Monitoring and budget management are an important part of this profile.
The role requires the incumbent to have effective training qualities, strength in planning, and coordination with the team. S/he is also expected to have high degree of organization and documentation skills. It is important that the individual displays a learning attitude so as to align to Barefoot’s strategic direction and values.
Include the following but not limited to:
- Planning and conducting teachers training in Assam;
- Designing contextual curriculum;
- Day- to- day monitoring, reporting and documentation;
- Providing feedback to trainers based on individual observation and beneficiaries’ performance data;
- Resolving issues that may occur from time to time;
- Communicating clearly and consistently with stakeholders about project status;
- Assist programme manager to make arrangements for meetings, workshops and other important events;
- Monitoring budget and ensuring efficiency of expenditure;
- Bilingual (English, Assamese and Hindi) with expert level verbal and written communication skills, especially English;
- Good understanding of Assamese language and culture is a must;
- Good research skills;
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills with high attention to detail;
- Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods;
- Demonstrates ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment;
- Ability to work with a diverse, multi-disciplinary team.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Only women candidates will be considered for this position as it involves sensitive training for women of rural locations;
- 1-2 years of experience of working in any field. Experience in curriculum development is preferred;
- Experience of working on gender issues;
- Experience and/ or capacity as a trainer/ facilitator;
- Minimum Graduate in any discipline or equivalent;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point);
- Degree in relevant field such as gender studies, HR, project management, social studies or social policy would be desirable;
- Women candidates from Assam.
Rupees 25-30 thousand per month based on experience.
The position will be based at one of the two tea estates, Hathikuli or Sessa, Assam. Occasional travel to Rajasthan and other parts of India will be expected.
Qualified candidates should send their Résumés to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with a cover letter highlighting your suitability for the position. Please do mention the job code in the subject line of your application. Any application received without the appropriate job code will not be considered. Given the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to all applicants and our responses are limited to those who are shortlisted.
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd