Organization: Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS)
Apply By: 26 Apr 2019
Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) was established in 1936 and is a deemed university fully funded by the University Grants Commission, Government of India. TISS offers over 50 Master’s Degree programmes from its Mumbai, Tuljapur, Guwahati and Hyderabad Campuses. Masters’ programmes are offered in a range of socially relevant inter-disciplinary areas. TISS is a research university with M. Phil. and Ph. D. programme and basic and applied research in a range of areas. A high degree of freedom and autonomy shape the positive work ethos and creativity in the Institute facilitating strong linkages between education, research, field action and Dissemination.
Saksham which means "Capable" or “Self- reliant” in Sanskrit is a TISS project that implements counselling services for Drug Resistant (DR) TB patients in collaboration with the Mumbai District Tuberculosis (TB) Control Society (MDTCS). The programme supported by the Global Fund for AIDS, TB and Malaria was initiated in August 2014.
Terms of Reference for the position of Counselors, Saksham
- Register Drug Resistant (DR) TB patients for counselling services and provide regular counselling to ensure treatment adherence.
- Undertake home visits to DR TB patients within the district for providing follow up counselling
- Provide counseling services to family members of the DR TB patients and refer them for TB diagnosis if required
- Liaise with District TB staff to monitor treatment adherence of TB patient at community level
- Improve TB-HIV linkages and link with ART centers.
- Link DR TB patients to social protection schemes and other health services as required
- Ensure timely documentation & reporting as per program need.
- Maintain registers and records as per Saksham, TISS guidelines
- Attend quarterly meetings as specified by Saksham, TISS
Post graduate in Social Work (Health & Mental Health or Public Health or Community Organization)/ M.A. (Counselling or Clinical Psychology)/ Master in Public Health/ Master in Health Administration.
Essential skills and other requirements:
- A minimum of 1 to 3 years of work experience in health related counselling. E.g., HIV/AIDS, RCH, TB, STI, ART, suicide prevention.
- Good communication skills - written as well as spoken - in English, Hindi and local Language.
- Knowledge of MS Office-Word, Excel and PPT.
- Willingness to travel within the assigned district.
- Willingness to work with TB patients and their caregiver
Walk-In Interview Details
Date: 26 April 2019.
Time: 10:00 AM.
Venue: District TB Center, District Health and Family Welfare Office Campus,
Opposite to Central Kamat Hotel, Station Road, Kalaburagi (Gulbarga) - 585102
Resume & Original Educational & Experience certificates.
- You are requested to make your own arrangements for the travel to interview location and back. TISS will not provide any travel reimbursement both local and outstation.
- TISS will not provide you any accommodation for this job.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd