Curriculum Specialist (Agriculture-Natural Resource Management)
Organization: Food and Agriculture Organization
Apply By: 02 May 2019
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
About The Organization:
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger. Serving both developed and developing countries, FAO acts as a neutral forum where all nations meet as equals to negotiate arguments and debate policy.FAO is also a source of knowledge and information, and helps developing countries in transition modernize and improve agriculture, forestry and fisheries practices, ensuring good nutrition and food security for all. The FAO has 197 member states
The Fostering Climate Resilient Upland Farming Systems in the North East (FOCUS) Project (UTF/IND/196/IND) will address the issues facing jhum cultivation through better jhum cultivation practices that are more productive and sustainable, creating an ecological balance and translating into extension of the cultivation cycle by one to two years, with longer fallow periods (up to 15 years). It will also support jhum farming households in adopting alternative farming systems, particularly sedentary farming. Along with more productive wet-terrace rice fields and improved livestock systems, the project will enhance farmers’ incomes, reduce pressure on natural resources and increase resilience to climate change. As farmers move to more market-orientated production, the project will support improved market access and value chain development.
The Technical Assistance (TA) by FAO responds directly to practical ramifications of the economic transition and rural sector processes under way in the state of Mizoram. The Technical Assistance will combine gender-sensitive professional support and institution building, in tune with local stages of development in the rural sector, with research and information-sharing. This TA consultancy will make optimum use of FAO’s accumulated experience and know-how (technical aspects of SALT, TRC, animal husbandry, crop productivity and process/training methodologies) on farmer education and farmer institutions at local, state and national levels, as well as the Asia region.
The TA will improve the development and delivery of agriculture and animal husbandry knowledge by designing training materials and curricula tailor-made for introducing innovative methodologies. Training will be targeted at farmers as a mechanism to introduce improved agronomic and animal husbandry practices based on existing social and institutional stakeholders, issues and challenges - e.g., jhum, social mobilization, gender equity, community organization and group formation, in particular the Village Councils (VCs).
Primary Location: India-New Delhi
Duration: For up to 11 months on WAE Basis
- Under the direct supervision of the FAOR, India, technical guidance of the Lead Technical Officer and in close collaboration with other consultants and counterparts, the consultant will provide technical inputs on curriculum development.
- Expertise in Curriculum Development.
- Review IETC’s existing curricula and upgrade it to a diploma course;
- Design the curriculum framework and certification process for IETC diploma course;
- Document curricula and certification development process;
- Develop monitoring protocols and tools for implementation of the curriculum framework and certification process.
- Liaise as needed with the SoCRAN; and
- Any other work as requested by FAO.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Advanced university degree in natural resource management, agriculture sciences, or equivalent.
- 10 years of relevant experience of working with government agencies and of working in development projects.
- Working knowledge of English, Knowledge of Nagamese is desirable.
- National of India or resident in the country.
FAO Core Competencies:
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- At least ten year experience in agronomy, Natural Resources Management and Soil and Water Conservation, particularly in curriculum development
- Previous experience with projects financed from International Financial Institutions (World Bank, IFAD, Asian Development Bank etc.)
- Previous experience in working with state government of Nagaland will be desired
- Experience of conducting Training of Trainers is an advantage.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd