Deputy Manager - Centre for Studies in Gender and Sexuality
Organization: Ashoka University
Apply By: 06 May 2019
About the organization:
Ashoka University (a non-profit) is a pioneering initiative in India’s higher education space, and one of the most visible academic brands in the country. The vision is to build a world-class university in the tradition of the Ivy League and the other top-ranked global institutions, and aspires to be the next Harvard, Princeton and Yale out of India. It is also the country’s first Liberal Arts and Sciences University built on the principles of collective public philanthropy.
Department: The Centre for Studies in Gender and Sexuality (CSGS) was established at Ashoka University in 2015, and is one of the Centres of Excellence at the university. It is the first Centre of its kind in India to study the broader spectrum of questions relating to both gender and sexuality. This spectrum includes issues of inequality, fantasy, pleasure, identity, and politics that are key realities of our everyday lives. Set in the interdisciplinary Liberal Arts context of Ashoka University, the Centre is committed to studying the many intersections at which we encounter these questions, in India and around the world, and address them through scholarship and activism. The Centre regularly offers summer internships to students and organizes several events on Ashoka University campus such as a speaker series, student seminars, workshops, performances and film screening
CSGS is looking for a creative candidate who is passionate about issues of gender and sexuality and can proactively work on administrative tasks as well as planning and expanding the activities of the Centre
- Leading the programmatic activities of the Centre: talks, workshops, reading group and performances.
- This includes conceptualizing and curating the events as well as managing their execution (handling event invites, promotion, poster designing, logistical needs, etc.).
- Developing and executing workshop modules on prevention of sexual harassment, orientation workshops for students, etc. (Prior experience in conducting workshops is highly preferred)
- Conceptualizing and organizing conferences on current issues in gender and sexuality.
- Assisting in editorial/ writing jobs at the Centre—such as drafting/editing annual reports, research reports (of staff/student projects, other correspondence briefs, journals, and editing needs for other projects).
- Supervising students working at the Centre for their summer internship/research projects, as well as coordinating work with volunteers.
- Handling the Centre’s social media portals—Facebook page and the official blog on Word Press. This includes maintenance of our official website.
- Curating the CSGS library
Qualifications and Experience:
- Strong understanding of issues in gender and sexuality
- Good writing and editorial skills
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Familiarity with MS-Word, Excel and PowerPoint, as well as social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. (Technical expertise in photo editing/Photoshop/canva is desirable but not mandatory. However, if not already trained, the candidate should be open to learning some of these skills on the job.)
Venue of work: CSGS, Second Floor, New Academic Block (AC 02), Ashoka University, Sonepat, Haryana
How to Apply:
- Send your most recent CV along with a cover letter and responses to the following questions to email@example.com with the subject ‘Deputy Manager/Manager -<your name>’. Please respond to the questions below in not more than 300 words each.
- Outline an idea we could develop for an international conference, and tell us why that topic is of relevance today.
- What activities would you want to add to those that the Centre already offers?
- Suggest 5 books that should be a part of the CSGS Reference Library and explain why you think each of them is essential.
- Last date for all applications would be May 6, Monday, midnight.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd