Organization: Indian Institute of Mass Communication (IIMC)
Apply By: 19 Jul 2019
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
About the organization
The Indian Institute of Mass Communication (IIMC), an Autonomous Institute under the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting, set up in the year 1965 and a well-known name in the field of Mass Communication teaching, training, research and consultancy, invites applications from eligible candidates for the post of Director General who have the vision to take the Institute to greater heights.
Tenure of the post: 3 years. Extendable for another term of 3 years only (Not more than two terms in all) limited to 60 years of age, whichever is earlier.
Scale of Pay: Pay Matrix Level 15 (Rs. 1,82,200- 2,24,100) (As per 7th CPC).
Residence: The Director General will be provided a residence within the campus as per rules of the Institute.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Director General, IIMC is the academic, professional and administrative Head of the Institute.
- He/ She co-ordinates and exercises the general supervision over all research, training, refresher courses, seminars and other activities carried or held under or by the Society.
- Like other members of the faculty, he/she undertakes teaching for training courses and guides research work in the institute.
- The Director General, also functions as the Member Secretary of the IIMC Society and its Executive Council.
- He/ She further exercises all such powers as may be delegated to him/her by the Executive Council.
Educational & Other Qualifications Required:
- A good Masters’ Degree
- Experience: Minimum 25 years’ experience in the field of journalism/films/media with administrative experience of holding senior positions in Academic/ Professional Institution/University Department/Organization of National repute.
- Officers not below the rank of Additional Secretary in the Government of India or equivalent thereto with
- experience of managing or making personal contribution in one of the following areas:
- Writing Stories/ Lyrics/ Screen play
- Editing of Film / TV Programmes
- Production of Film / TV Programmes
- Post-graduation or Doctoral degree in the field of films/Journalism/Mass Communication.
- Weightage will be given for the awards at National and International levels for contributions in the areas mentioned above.
- Participation in International Conferences.
Application form can be downloaded from the website of Indian Institute of Mass Communication i.e. www.iimc.gov.in.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd