District Consultant - Fisheries
Organization: Jharkhand State Livelihood Promotion Society
Apply By: 22 Feb 2019
About the Organization:
Jharkhand State Livelihood Promotion Society (JSLPS), is an agency created by Rural Development Department, GoJ for livelihoods enhancement of rural poor in the state. The society is implementing Jharkhand Opportunities for Harnessing Rural Growth (JOHAR) with financial assistance from the World Bank. This project is being implemented in 68 blocks spread over in 17 districts of Jharkhand
No. of Positions – 4
Remuneration: Starting from Rs. 25,000 and may go up to Rs.35,000 per month purely based on qualification and experience.
- Work in close coordination with the Project Manager Fisheries and Manage the following fishery sub-component activities at district Level
- Manage project budgeting planning at district levels Prepare district input for project six monthly reporting Manage district project monitoring and aggregation of necessary data form Thematic Block Coordinators and AMM for reporting
- Provide supervisory advice on the fishery activities to JOHAR thematic Block Coordinators
- Provide advice and approve the funding plan for block PGs
- Coordinate the development of the detailed district fishery sub-component annual work plan in close collaboration with JOHAR thematic Block coordinator Coordinate District need for convergence with DOF programmes
- Supervise the activity of the Aqua-support Centre Coordinate on the District/PG spawn and seed requirements from DOF Coordinate on the District/PG training requirements from DOF
- Arrangements and supply of DOF supply of spawn, seed, nursing feed Coordinate arrangements for Pilot demonstration projects
- Provide District level supervision on: The targeting and identification of project target groups
- The District level implementation of the JOHAR fisheries programme
- Contracts and activities of NGO/TSA at district level
- Monitor technical quality of District project training (under DOF or contracts to NGO/Service Provider) Plan and manage the identification of SHGs for organization into JOHAR fishery PG. Identify of SHGs with access to suitable water bodies and interest to take up fish culture Organization of the identification and orientation of Matsya Mitras
- Mapping of other relevant programmes where water bodies and groups can be supported for fish stocking /culture
- Supervise the identification and mobilization of Ajeevika Matsya Mitras Identify of new Matsya Mitras Manage monthly meetings with AMMs
- Arrange training and strengthening of Matsya Mitras in target blocks for fisheries activities
- Any other duties assigned by the project authorities
Qualification and Experience:
- 2 years’ Post Graduate Degree (full time or correspondence) or
- 2years’ Full time Graduate Degree in any discipline with first division marks from a government recognised university/academic institution. Or
- Full Time 2 years’ Post Graduate Degree/ Diploma in Social &Development Studies/ Rural Development/Management or subject relevant to the position from a government recognise university/academic institution. Or
- Full Time 2 years’ Post Graduate Degree/ Diploma in Business Administration (Marketing /Finance/ Economics/ Agri Business) from a government recognised university/academic institution. Or
- Full time 1 year Rural Management/Development Diploma from NIRD. Or
- 4 years’ full time graduate Diploma/ Degree in - Agriculture /Agriculture and Allied Management (Horticulture, Livestock, Fishery, and Forestry) /Agri-business/Agricultural Engineering or subject relevant to the position from a government recognised university/academic institution.
- Minimum 3 years of post qualification (starting after successful completion of minimum required education qualification)
- RELEVANT work experience (in subject related to the position) of working in project/programme for poverty eradication /livelihoods/social or rural development implemented by Government/reputed NGOs/Corporate Entities or relevant organisation.
- Experience should include being engaged in programme implementation role.
- Experience of working with poor’s institutions and government systems would be given preference.
- Computer Skills – Excellent working knowledge in MS Office environment.
- Language Skills – Very Good writing and oral skills in both English and Hindi.
- Other Skills and Knowledge – Knowing Government system& its functioning, development policies and good understanding of Jharkhand’s development priorities would strengthen the candidature.
- Ready to be located anywhere in the state as per programme requirement and decision of the JSLPS management.
The selection will be conducted through walk-in mode.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd