District Consultant - Livestock Livelihood
Organization: Jharkhand State Livelihood Promotion Society
Apply By: 15 Feb 2019
About the Organization:
The Rural Development Department, Government of Jharkhand implements several programmes that aim at alleviating rural poverty through creation of infrastructure, by generating sustainable employment opportunities for the rural poor. JSLPS is an institution (registered under Society Act) created by the department for fight against poverty, by enabling and empowering the poor. The Society is the nodal agency for implementing programmes/projects like DAY – NRLM, MKSP,DDU – GKY, JOHAR and JICA funded drip irrigation project.
No. of Positions – 4
Remuneration: Starting from Rs. 25,000 and may go up to Rs. 35,000 per month purely based on qualification and experience.
- To develop annual action plan, monthly action plan in coordination and consultation with the other officials of DMMU as well as BMMU
- Prepare effective outcome based developmental plan for goatry, poultry & Duckry programme to develop the livelihood status of poor’s
- Collection of needful primary and secondary data to implement the programme Strengthening the producer groups and higher level institution like Ajjevika Sansadan Kendra (ASK) as training centre & producer company/society .
- Backward & forward support to Resource Center to develop as a self-dependant body or business model Convergence with Govt. Vet.
- Department to implant the governmental schemes in NRLM area.
- Coordination at all level for smooth functioning of the producer groups
- Prepare effective training modules for different stake holder just like Community Livestock Manger, Aajeeviak Pashu Sakhi. Coordination with DMMU, BMMU & SMMU for effective plan & implementation.
- Support the cader in preparation of manure and feed and upscaling the intervention on professional way and markeing.
- Manage trainings at ASK level with the support of GRC coordinators and GRC body.
- Support in timely reporting of progress in MIS
- Develop effective low cost preventive managerial practices to minimise the mortality rate in sector of small livestock rearing at community level
- To prepare and submit the financial as monthly reports in the prescribed format to the SMMU every month
- To coordinate with the related line departments at the district level for facilitating convergent / multi-sect oral activities under the project
- Other assign work from DM-LH / SPM-farm
Qualifications and Experience:
- 2 years’ Post Graduate Degree (full time or correspondence) or
- 2years’ Full time Graduate Degree in any discipline with first division marks from a government recognised university/academic institution. Or
- Full Time 2 years’ Post Graduate Degree/ Diploma in Social &Development Studies/ Rural Development/Management or subject relevant to the position from a government recognised university/academic institution. Or
- Full Time 2 years’ Post Graduate Degree/ Diploma in Business Administration (Marketing /Finance/ Economics/ Agri Business) from a government recognised university/academic institution .Or
- Full time 1 year Rural Management/Development Diploma from NIRD. Or
- 4 years’ full time graduate Diploma/ Degree in - Agriculture /Agriculture and Allied Management (Horticulture, Livestock, Fishery, and Forestry) /Agri-business/Agricultural Engineering or subject relevant to the position from a government recognised university/academic institution.
- Minimum 3 years of post qualification (starting after successful completion of minimum required education qualification)
- RELEVANT work experience (in subject related to the position) of working in project/programme for poverty eradication /livelihoods/social or rural development implemented by Government/reputed NGOs/Corporate
- Entities or relevant organisation.
- Experience should include being engaged in programme implementation role.
- Experience of working with poor’s institutions and government systems would be given preference.
- Computer Skills – Excellent working knowledge in MS Office environment.
- Language Skills – Very Good writing and oral skills in both English and Hindi.
- Other Skills and Knowledge – Knowing Government system& its functioning, development policies and good understanding of Jharkhand’s development priorities would strengthen the candidature.
- Ready to be located anywhere in the state as per programme requirement and decision of the JSLPS management.
The selection will be conducted through Walk-In Selection mode.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd