District Programme Implementation Manager (DPM)
Organization: IPE Global Limited
Apply By: 18 Jul 2019
About the organization
IPE Global Limited is an international development consulting group providing expert technical assistance and solutions for equitable development and sustainable growth in developing countries. The group’s areas of expertise includes Social & Economic Empowerment, Health, Nutrition and Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH), Urban Development, Education and Skills Development, Economic & Public Financial Management, Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning, Infrastructure and Engineering Development, Governance, Private Sector Development, Tourism Heritage and Conservation, Environment and Climate Change, Agriculture Development, Forest Governance, Grant and Fund Management and Information Technology & e-Governance.
Location: Angul (Odisha, India)
Type of Employment: Consultant ( Mid Level)
Last Date: 18 Jul, 2019
About the project
IPE Global is partnering with The George Washington University (GWU), USA in co-designing and implementation of the research work targeting iron deficiency and anemia in the state of Odisha for women of reproductive age. The project is funded by Bill & Melinda Gates foundation and pans over 3 years. IPE Global will lead implementation work for the reduction in anemia by social behaviour change influencing uptake of IFA tablets.
IPE Global invites applications from eligible candidates for the position of District Programme Implementation Manager (DPM) at District Level in Angul. The DPM will be responsible for leading the planning and implementation of the entire project interventions in the district, providing overall managerial, administrative and other support to the team members, prepare reports, provide feedback and guidance on data collection & reporting to the grantees, field team, etc. Liaise with government counterparts to obtain approvals, support in issuance of guidelines, letters etc. and get their ownership in implementation of project interventions. The DPM will be reported by a team of community facilitators and supervisors.
- Supervise, coach and mentor the field implementing team;
- Organise field visits for visitors from national/state office, donor, etc.;
- Facilitate planning and organizing of workshops, meetings, training sessions, etc.;
- Oversee the data collection related to project interventions;
- Interact regularly with government counterparts in the various Departments in the district and District Collector to report on progress and solicit necessary support for implementation of project activities;
- Conduct review meetings of the District & Block team members to periodically to review their performance and address gaps, if any;
- Prepare and ensure timely submission of monthly & quarterly progress reports and other high quality deliverables as required for the project.
Technical Assistance in Strategy and Implementation
- Work with the district team in developing the district micro action plan for implementation of project activities;
- Support design of an effective communications plan for the project interventions and ensure proper implementation of the same;
- Capture lessons learned, document and support to disseminate findings that have the potential to contribute to global learning.
Monitoring and Control
- Ensure timely redress of complaints from project beneficiaries, stakeholders;
- Ensure proper administration of district office and maintenance of records, data, etc.
Qualification & Experience:
- Post Graduate qualification in Rural Management/Social Sciences, preferably from IRMA, XIM, XISS or leading universities outside India;
- A minimum of 8-10 years’ experience in programme management of health and education sector programmes;
- Must be able to travel frequently to rural areas and oversee the programme implementation at sub-district level;
- Able to oversee program implementation plans and coordinate with field staff implementing these plans;
- Proven ability to work closely with district administration to foster convergence;
- Good IT and analytical skills.
- Fluency in local language Odiya and English
- Experience of working on health, nutrition implementation programs;
- Proven track record of working with external partners, agencies and governments;
- Proven ability to produce demonstrable results;
- Proven analytical skills and attention to detail;
Good verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd