Organization: Asian Disaster Preparedness Center (ADPC)
Apply By: 20 Jul 2019
About the organization
Asian Disaster Preparedness Center (ADPC) is an intergovernmental organization that works to build the resilience of people and institutions to disasters and climate change impacts in Asia and the Pacific. Established in 1986, it provides comprehensive technical services to countries in the region across social and physical sciences to support sustainable solutions for risk reduction and climate resilience. ADPC supports countries and communities in Asia and the Pacific in building their DRR systems, institutional mechanisms and capacities to become resilient to numerous hazards, such as floods, landslides, earthquake, cyclones, droughts, etc.
Program for Strengthening Preparedness for Emergency Response and Recovery in India (PROSPER-India) is a three-year program initiated by Asian Disaster Preparedness Center (ADPC) with support from Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) in India. The program focuses on providing technical support to the Government of Bihar (GoB) in implementation of DRR activities identified in the Bihar DRR Roadmap (2015-2030) in key government departments and government of India. The program is an extension and upscaling of “Applying Bihar Recommendations: Building State-Level Emergency Response Capacity” initiated by ADPC in 2015 with support from BMGF.
The services of a documentation consultant are required to capture;the practical essence of the good practices being visited as part of the SAMBAL Yatrassuch that GoB officials have ready reference for promoting selected good practices within their departments. These will be compiled as part of the report for each Yatra. The report of the SAMBAL Peer learning Sammelan will be developed to map the sectoral outcomes of this effort and discuss ways in which these outcomes can be enhanced. Additionally, a documentation of the process followed for the SAMBAL peer learning Yatra initiative along with its outcomes needs to be undertaken by the consultant.
The duration of this assignment will be approximately 72 days spread over 12 months from 15 July 2019 to 30 June 2020.
The consultant should have master’s degree in any subject related to Disaster Management/ Social Sciences/ any other relevant discipline from a recognized university with excellent command over English. The consultant must also have 3-5 years of demonstrated experience in producing quality knowledge products, preferably both audio-visual and print.
Statement of Work
Under the overall guidance of the South-South Learning and Knowledge Management Coordinator, and with support from the Program Manager, PROSPER India, and Program Coordinator, the consultant shall be responsible for drafting and finalizing the report of each Yatra capturing the practical nuances of each good practice being visited as well as developing the report of the SAMBAL peer learning sammelan. The Consultant shall also develop the final report and process document of the initiative in a print-ready format.
Specific task will include –
- Joining each yatra to capture the best practices being visited, their success, challenges and possibility of replication/ adaptation to Bihar as discussed at the Yatra.
- Take good and high quality photos, document testimonials of the activities and feedback from the participants, different people/agencies engaged during each Yatra for good practice documentation and case study development.
- Develop a two-page brief on each good practice to capture the practical details of its implementation to serve as a ready reference for sectoral department in GoB to take forward (4-6 good practices will be visited in each yatra, each of these will need to be documented as 2 page briefs for future reference and citation by departments replicating / adapting them in Bihar)
- Compile the above two pagers briefs along with key points of discussion and learning to develop four reports and high quality video clips capturing each yatra.
- Compile the report of SAMBAL Peer Learning Yatra Sammelan.
- Consolidate the entire yatra experience and its outcomes as a short report.
- Develop a process document capturing the process followed, its successes and challenges for future reference and a 3-minute video clip. All video testimonials and photos should be of high quality and properly indexed to be further utilized for project activities.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd