Donor Research Analyst
Organization: Room to Read
Apply By: 24 Sep 2019
About the Organization:
Room to Read is a global organization transforming the lives of millions of children in low-income communities by focusing on literacy and gender equality in education. They work in collaboration with local communities, partner organizations, and governments to develop literacy skills and a habit of reading among primary school children and ensure girls can complete secondary school with the skills necessary to negotiate key life decisions.
Under the direction and guidance of the Donor Research and Investment Reporting Associate, on the Shared Services team, the Donor Research Analyst will work 40 to support the research function of the Shared Services team and the larger Development and Communications team including but not limited to performing prospect research, assisting with database management, and helping facilitate development strategy and fundraising campaigns. The Donor Research Analyst will have a great opportunity to learn about the functioning of a highly results-oriented global nonprofit and will gain exposure to working in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performing prospect research on individual donors, corporations, and foundation in all of Room to Read’s development markets including but not limited to North America, Europe and Asia.
- Managing administrative tasks including data entry, database management and quality control. Entering new donors, running reports and maintaining accurate records. Develop importing tasks for maintaining large volumes of research data in the Salesforce Development database.
- Communicating with Room to Read Relationship Managers to introduce new prospects and offering insight and analysis for donor engagement and strategy via email and NGOC alerts.
- Maintain RM Google Alerts and notify development staff with relevant updates on donors and markets.
- Monthly screening of all $1k+ gifts, and quarterly screenings of prospects for risk exposure on the Watchdog platform to ensure the organization is not inadvertently violating OFAC sanctions.
- Weekly screening of unmanaged $1k+ gifts, exporting, performing relevant research including internal ratings based on Room to Read defined criteria when appropriate and identifying possible next steps for stewardship and/or further engagement.
- Coordinating with global development offices to provide research support for events.
- Performing querying and reporting tasks in the NGOC, including developing reporting for prospect retention and conversion metrics.
- Producing Prospect Research Reports through Wealth Engine and other research resources. Provide training and training materials for admin level staff who will perform local prospect research tasks.
- Audit third party research platforms for use in global markets. Maintain relationships with third party research organizations.
- Provide other duties as necessary
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university
- 2-3 years prior experience working in a fast-paced office environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail and results orientation
- Basic Competence using Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Experience with databases and ability to continually learn new technology, database processes and procedures as needed
- Comfort working with numbers and calculations
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously, take initiative and carry-out detailed follow-through
- Flexibility to maintain communication with offices around the world and to take on ad hoc projects as needed
- Proactive and tenacious troubleshooting skills
- Flexibility and positive attitude
- Experience working with databases, specifically in Salesforce
- Prior research experience, either academic or professional. Prior prospect research experience highly preferred.
For more information please click the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd