Early Childhood Development Specialist
Apply By: 02 May 2019
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
About the Organization
UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families.
Click here to learn more about UNICEF: https://youtube/E1xkXZs0cAQ
For Every Child, AN ADVOCATE:
The fundamental mission of UNICEF is to promote the rights of every child, everywhere, in everything the organization does — in programmes, in advocacy and in operations. The equity strategy, emphasizing the most disadvantaged and excluded children and families, translates this commitment to children’s rights into action. For UNICEF, equity means that all children have an opportunity to survive, develop and reach their full potential, without discrimination, bias or favoritism. To the degree that any child has an unequal chance in life — in its social, political, economic, civic and cultural dimensions — her or his rights are violated. There is growing evidence that investing in the health, education and protection of a society’s most disadvantaged citizens — addressing inequity — not only will give all children the opportunity to fulfil their potential but also will lead to sustained growth and stability of countries. This is why the focus on equity is so vital. It accelerates progress towards realizing the human rights of all children, which is the universal mandate of UNICEF, as outlined by the Convention on the Rights of the Child, while also supporting the equitable development of nations.
How can you make a difference?
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children in the world's thereby ensuring a better future for every child, this is the chance to make a difference. Under the general oversight of the Deputy Representative, Programs and the direct supervision of the Chief of Nutrition, the ECD Specialist supports the coordinated development, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of ECD programmes/projects within the Country Programme.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Support to ECD programmes/projects development and planning
- Programme management, monitoring and delivery of results on ECD programmes
- Technical and operational support to programme implementation
- Networking and partnership building
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
For every Child, you demonstrate…
Core Values (Required)
- Diversity and Inclusion
Core Competencies (Required)
- Communication [ II ]
- Working with People [ II ]
- Drive for Results [ II ]
Functional Competencies (Required)
- Leading and supervising [I]
- Formulating strategies and concepts [ II ]
- Analyzing [II]
- Relating and networking [ II ]
- Deciding and Initiating Action [II]
- Applying Technical Expertise [II]
Specific Technical Knowledge Required
- Well-versed with maternal infant and young child nutrition, development and early learning interventions, especially the Integrated Child Development Services (ICDS) programme.
- Familiarity with the National Health Mission and the routine government health system and Samagra Shiksha (integrated school education) essential.
- Familiarity with global and national policies frameworks related to ECD.
Common Technical Knowledge Required
Proven expertise in the field of early childhood development with specialization in at least two areas namely Nutrition, Health, Child Development, Early Learning and safety and security issues for the young child.
General knowledge of:
- Good knowledge of computer applications
- Good knowledge of Government of India’s programmes and schemes related to young children and women.
- Technical Knowledge to be Acquired/Enhanced
- Experience of undertaking strategic programme planning and implementation in the field of early childhood development.
To Qualify As A Champion For Every Child You Will Have…
Requirements OF THE POSITION (Qualifications, Skills And Competencies):
An advanced university degree in one of the following fields is required: education, public administration, public health, nutrition, economics, psychology, sociology, human development, child development, family studies or another relevant technical field.
- A minimum of Five (5) years of professional experience in social development planning and management in early childhood development related areas is required.
- Experience working in a developing country is considered as an asset.
- Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset.
Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or local language of the duty station is considered as an asset.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd