Environmental and Social Analyst
Organization: The World Bank Group
Apply By: 31 Jul 2019
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
About The Organization:
IFC—a sister organization of the World Bank and member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. The ESG Sustainability Advice and Solutions department (CEG) is IFC’s center of excellence in the area of Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) and offers a range of expertise to help IFC’s Investment and Advisory clients identify and solve complex environmental, social, and corporate governance risk-related challenges, and to find value-added opportunities in their business operations.
- Supporting analysis to assist environmental and social specialists in appraising the environmental and social risks and impacts associated with IFC investments against the requirements of IFC’s Performance Standards (PSs) on Environmental and Social Sustainability.
- Assist in defining steps required to ensure compliance with the PSs and the World Bank Group Environmental, Health and Safety Guidelines .
- Assist in supervising the environmental and social performance of client companies through the review of monitoring reports and site visits to supervise environmental and/or social aspects of clients’ operations.
- Assist in providing training on environmental and social issues to IFC clients, investment staff and other specialists.
- Support in development of sectoral and regional portfolio reviews, in particular in developing an understanding of systematic compliance issues in the portfolio.
- Collect and analyze data to assist specialists in preparation of reports, such as on specific E&S issues and on IFC’s portfolio.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A degree in environmental management or sciences, social sciences, engineering, or other relevant discipline.
- A minimum of three years of relevant experience in environmental and/or social assessment related to private sector business activities.
- Track record in working with private sector firms across industry sectors (including agribusiness, infrastructure and/or manufacturing) to identify environmental/social risks and issues and develop mitigation measures to ensure compliance with good international industry practice.
- Knowledge of IFC Sustainability Framework and supporting documents such as Guidance Notes, EHS Guidelines, and other IFC publications on sustainability a plus. Strong research and analytical skills, ability to think strategically, analyze and synthesize diverse related data and information. Attention to detail a must.
- Strong organizational skills, with ability to prioritize, deal with frequent and unexpected changes, and work within tight timeframes.
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly and confidently, articulate issues and recommend solutions.
- Ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written English is essential.
- French, Arabic, Chinese, Turkish and/or Spanish language skills will be highly advantageous.
- Good team player with strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work as a member of a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural team, work effectively in and influence a team, and network effectively across boundaries.
- Familiarity with IFC/World Bank operations, procedures, and culture will be advantageous.
- Ability to travel internationally at short notice.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd