Organization: International Initiative for Impact Evaluation
Apply By: 21 Feb 2019
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
About the Organization:
The International Initiative for Impact Evaluation (3ie) promotes evidence-informed equitable, inclusive and sustainable development. We support the generation and effective use of high quality evidence to inform decision-making and improve the lives of people living in poverty in low- and middle-income countries. We provide guidance and support to produce, synthesise and quality-assure evidence of what works, for whom, how, why and at what cost.
No. of Positions: 2
Evaluation Research And Technical Assistance:
- Contribute to and oversee impact evaluation evidence programmes and individual research grants across a range of development sectors, including agricultural insurance and innovation, aquaculture, women’s empowerment, self-help groups, nutrition, sanitation, among others.
- Contribute to proposal writing for programme funding;
- Develop grant programme policies and procedures and write programme documents;
- Identify and recruit outside stakeholders for roles such as selection panel member, advisory group member and task force participant; and participate in these;
- Provide technical and management oversight of the grantee quality assurance process;
- Help organise programme events, such as selection panel meetings, advisory group meetings, programme-sponsored conference sessions and programme workshops;
- Undertake field monitoring visits as required; and Provide technical and management oversight for contracted programme work conducted by individual researchers or firms. Conduct and advise on scoping studies, formative research, process evaluations, replication studies, systematic reviews and evidence gap maps;
- Assist in the management of technical assistance projects, including written specifications for professional service contracts, recruiting consultants, standardising products and reports, and quality assuring products and services;
- Provide technical assistance to key 3ie stakeholders, on topics including but not limited to capacity development, evaluation methods, study design, database development, research transparency initiatives, and evidence uptake and use;
- Work with consultants and stakeholders in the field, as well as with 3ie staff, to ensure documentation of 3ie’s evaluation programmes;
- Conduct or contribute to in-house research, which may include evidence gap maps, scoping or synthesis reports, systematic reviews, database development, concept and/or methods papers and impact evaluations.
- Such in-house research studies often lead to publication in one of 3ie’s publication series and/or in scholarly journals.
Project Management And Grant Administration:
- Provide programme management leadership and support for research, professional services grants and contracts to ensure the strategic, programmatic, technical, financial, and contractual integrity from project start-up through implementation and completion;
- Ensure – in collaboration with other 3ie staff involved in managing programmes – that grant and contract implementation and spending are aligned with approved budgets, work plans and 3ie policies and practices;
- Recruit, on-board, manage, and supervise staff and consultants, as required; and
- Mentor junior staff, as needed.
Institutional Advancement And Communication:
- Represent 3ie in evaluation and development for a, including evaluation conferences, technical working groups and donor, bilateral, and multilateral consultative groups and meetings;
- Strengthen and build relationships with 3ie’s key stakeholders, including members, donors, policymakers and researchers;
- Lead and contribute to technical reports, publications, briefs, blogs, website content, and other social media on evidence programmes and professional services; and
- Engage in strategic growth and diversification of 3ie initiatives to cultivate donors, develop partnerships, write technical proposals and support innovations in programme development.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Graduate degree in a relevant social science field; a doctorate is preferred;
- Research experience and in-depth knowledge of experimental and quasi-experimental methods applied in impact evaluations (e.g. randomised controlled trials, instrumental variables, propensity score matching and interrupted time series);
- Research experience and expertise in theory-based, mixed-method research design, including demonstrated expertise in designing gender-responsive and equity-focused evaluations, preferably, or development programming;
- Experience designing and implementing one or more of the following: implementation research, process evaluations, formative research, qualitative research;
- Experience designing and implementing development programmes;
- Programme management experience outside of research study management, with grants management experience strongly preferred;
- Experience working with high-level officials in funding agencies, international organisations, private foundations and government ministries;
- Academic knowledge of and direct field experience with agriculture; aquaculture; small business enterprises; gender-responsive women’s empowerment; nutrition and/organisation;
- Training and/or relevant demonstrated experience in the theory and methods for capacity development (e.g. adult learning, mentoring, peer learning, organisational change) in monitoring and evaluation and evidence use, preferably in L&MICs;
- Agriculture, nutrition, and/or sanitation and other social sector programming in L&MICs;
- preference for those with at least one to two years’ residential experience working in programme evaluation and research in L&MICs;
- Experience in L&MIC policy development and/or policy implementation at either the national or sub-national level preferred; and
- Experience supporting new business activities and demonstrated ability to write technical proposals across one or more development sectors preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English;
- Spanish and/or French professional proficiency highly preferred;
- Excellent organisational skills, attention to detail, and the flexibility and willingness to adapt to shifting weekly priorities and deadlines;
- Experience working and managing staff in a matrix environment;
- Experience carrying out surveys in challenging environments and being able to adapt to these realities; and
- Excellent cross-cultural skills and diplomacy, and a reputation for being a strategic thinker and innovator
Please send your application and all the materials by email to firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com . Please include ‘Evaluation Specialist/Senior Evaluation Specialist’ as the subject line. Application materials include:
A cover letter, not exceeding one page, highlighting your qualifications and experience relevant to the terms of reference; Curriculum vitae (not to exceed four pages); and Writing sample (preferably a sample of a proposal, research paper, or other technical document that you alone authored).
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd