Executive Director - KSCF
Organization: Kailash Satyarthi Children’s Foundation
Apply By: 25 Apr 2019
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
About The Organization:
The Kailash Satyarthi Children’s Foundation (KSCF), set up by Nobel Peace Laureate, Mr. Kailash Satyarthi, is a global leader for prevention of exploitation and violence against children. KSCF works for the creation of a child-friendly world through policy advocacy, direct interventions and programmes, research and capacity building, and campaigns for the mobilization of mass support and sustained behaviour change.
The role of Executive Director Research will be to lead and support high quality, evidence based research focused on Child rights, Child Protection, Juvenile Justice, Child Health Nutrition and School & Pre School Education and other issues impacting children.He/She shall oversee knowledge creation, identification of best practices and assessment of gaps in the area of the above child related issues and provide knowledge support and recommendations to other verticals and strategic direction within the team.
- Recruit, lead and develop the Research team, including setting performance objectives and performance reviews together with the HR Lead
- To build internal capabilities, in both people and processes.
- Represent the organization at external events to enhance the visibility of organization's activities.
- Identify and evaluate the risks to the Research and organization's people, property, finances, goodwill, and image and implement measures to control risks.
- Develop and implement strategy for the Research department in collaboration with the team and other senior management members
Planning and management:
- Develop an operational plan for the Research department which incorporates goals and objectives that are in consonance with the strategic direction of the organization.
- Design longer-term Research plans while working with respective Research teams in order to improve children’s lives through focused interventions aligned with KSCF’s strategic objectives
- Oversee the efficient and effective day-to-day operation of the projects and Research.
- Ensure high quality Monitoring, Learning and Evaluation of each of the project and continuously work with the Research team on improving the processes and Research designs thus enhancing technical standards and Research quality.
- Ensure that personnel, Research, donor and volunteer files are securely stored and privacy/confidentiality is maintained.
- Ensure all the Research work is within the defined budget and complies with all relevant legislation and professional standards
Human resources planning and management:
- Determine staffing requirements for the Research team.
- Oversee the implementation of the human resources policies, procedures and practices including the development of job description for all the staff in Research team.
- Establish a positive, healthy and safe work environment within Research department.
- Recruit, interview and select staffs in Research team that have the right technical and personal abilities to contribute in the organization's mission in collaboration with HR department.
- Ensure that all staff receives an orientation about the organization and that appropriate training is provided.
- Implement a performance management process for all staff which includes monitoring the performance of staff on an on-going basis and conducting an annual performance review.
- Coach and mentor staff as appropriate to improve performance.
Fundraising and partnerships:
- Raise funds for the Research and cultivate relationship with the donors in collaboration with the Managing Director and Director of Partnership & Resource Mobilization.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders in government, civil society, business, academia and NGOs for joint initiatives, and promoting high-quality Research.
- Lead the process of strategizing and building a pool of “long-term partners” and ensure Research and technical quality of the all the KSCF’s initiatives
Qualifications and Experience:
- The candidate should have Ph.D Degree in Child rights, Child Protection, Juvenile Justice, Child Health Nutrition and School & Pre School Education.
Experience & Exposure:
- Minimum 15 years of relevant work experience with progressive data management and research responsibilities
- At least four years of experience in leading team of researchers
- Professional experience of directing and managing project work and applied research.
- Demonstrated expertise in successfully designing and carrying out quantitative & qualitative research and evaluation processes
- Professional experience of working in a multinational NGO, foundation or business.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd