Facilitator- Certificate Programme in Rural Livelihoods
Organization: Bharat Rural Livelihood Foundation
Apply By: 20 Oct 2019
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
Facilitator- Certificate Programme in Rural Livelihoods, Bharat Rural Livelihood Foundation, New Delhi
1. Position Vacant: Facilitator- Certificate Programme in Rural Livelihoods (CPRL) with Bharat Rural Livelihood Foundation, New Delhi(with more than 80% travel to the field across the Central Indian Tribal Belt with student batches)(Two vacancies)
Government of India (GOI) initiated Bharat Rural Livelihoods Foundation (BRLF) as an independent organization under the Societies Registration Act, to facilitate civil society action in partnership with the Central and State Governments, for transforming livelihoods and lives of rural households, with an emphasis on women, particularly in the Central Indian Tribal Region.
BRLF is a unique and first-of-its-kind initiative and the Foundation is constituted as a partnership between Government on the one hand and private sector philanthropies, public and private sector undertakings (under Corporate Social Responsibility), on the other. Major functions of BRLF comprise the provision of financial grants to Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) to meet their human resource and institutional costs for up-scaling proven interventions, invest in institutional strengthening of smaller CSOs and capacity building of professional human resources working at the grassroots. The General Body and Executive Committee of BRLF are constituted by eminent individuals, as well as ex-officio representatives from private philanthropies, public and private sector organizations, financial institutions, State Governments and GOI.
For more details, please visit our website: www.brlf.in
Certificate Program in Rural Livelihoods:
BRLF and IIHMR University, Jaipur are soliciting applications to their third, multi-centre, multi-topic certificate programme for rural professionals, covering different dimensions of rural livelihoods. This initiative is a part of a series of capacity building initiatives on Rural Livelihoods, packaged as per the needs of target groups and different institutional partners both Government and CSOs.
The Certificate Program in Rural Livelihoods (CPRL) seeks to address the capacity building challenges of existing and aspiring rural professionals, who seek to engage as block level functionaries of NGOs, government institutions, or with offices of elected representatives of PRIs and SHG Federations. Participants who join CRPL, comprise rural youth (age group 18-40 years) with on-the-ground experience of working in the rural livelihoods domain, for at least three years. These participants may be existing or prospective employees of Government/ non-government institutions, or representatives of PRIs / cluster-level institutions, nominated to the programme by their respective institutions/ organizations.
3. Job Description/ Responsibilities:
The Facilitator shall be responsible for facilitating the learning and reflection journey of a batch of 30 tribal participants who will undergo training in 14 core modules in the rural livelihood’s domain. The post will provide extensive learning opportunities in training to the Facilitator as s/he will also undergo the training on different thematic areas of rural livelihoods from CSOs, with proven experience in their respective domains.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Day-to-day liaising with resource organizations for the efficient and effective delivery of training modules;
- Ensuring achievement of learning deliverables by participants in the field;
- Maintaining a learning journey/ record of each CRPL participant;
- Providing pro-active support for establishing co-learning pedagogy in the field amongst students and CSO partners;
- Managing and facilitating assessments, as well as maintaining assessment records of all participants;
- Ensuring timely submission of work plan and reports to reporting authority/higher officials;
- Facilitating inter and intrapersonal skills amongst participants;
- Mentoring participants through the learning process;
- Creating interesting and relevant lesson plans for daily reflection exercises according to the prescribed framework; Identifying and responding to issues, opportunities and risks that influence the success of the program;
- Ensuring timely reporting and documentation;
- Facilitating and supporting external monitoring and review missions to the programme, including the preparation of relevant background material on the programme.
4. Qualifications, Experience And Competencies:
Applicants must have a Post Graduate degree from a recognized university,preferably in Rural Development, Social Sciences, Social Work, Development Studies, Development Management, or related discipline.
- Minimum two years of experience in the facilitation of training/ curriculum/ capacity building programs, for youth;
- Experience of working in the Central Indian Tribal Belt and/or understanding of tribal culture,will be an advantage.
Essential Skills and Competencies:
- Strong Commitment to travel to the learning sites along with the students.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural/ multi-disciplinary team;
- Ability to multi-task and exhibit meticulous planning skills;
- Desire to learn new things from the field and ability to connect with young people;
- Fluency in both oral and written communication, in English and Hindi.
5. Compensation Offered:
The remuneration package budgeted for the position is INR 32,000/-per month. Offers shall be commensurate with the qualifications, experience and salary history, of the selected candidate.
6. Location: New Delhi (with more than 80% travel to the field across the Central Indian Tribal Belt with student batches).
7. Appointment: This is a contractual engagement for a period of seven-eight months. The engagement may be renewed/ extended, based on the performance and/or requirement of the organization.
8. Reference: FCP-BRLF
9. Contact Information:
Strategic Alliance Management Services P Ltd.
1/1B, Choudhary Hetram House, Bharat Nagar
New Friends Colony, New Delhi 110 025
Phone Nos.: 011- 2684 2162; 4165 3612
10. Last Date For Applications:
Eligible candidates interested in this position are requested to urgently apply to email@example.com , along with a cover letter highlighting their motivation to apply and suitability for the position, along with an updated resume including names and contact details of at least two referees, by or before October 20, 2019. Please note that suitable candidates shall be contacted immediately by SAMS’ recruitment team.
BRLF is an equal opportunity organization without discrimination by virtue of religious belief, social class, caste, special ability, or gender.
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd