Field Data Officer
Organization: The Aangan Trust
Apply By: 15 Dec 2019
To make child protection everyone’s business, so that every child is safe everywhere, everyday.
We build and strengthen child protection systems to ensure that the most vulnerable children are safe, supported, in school, and assured of a childhood free from trafficking, child marriage, hazardous work, violence and exploitation
Aangan works with children in dangerous situations like child trafficking, child marriage, hazardous work and abuse. Our prevention model targets "hotspots" across the country where children are most at risk, either because these are known red light areas, sites of hazardous child labor or are associated with harmful traditions like high rates of child marriage and girl child discrimination. Here we work with parents, children and government officials to build strong care and protections that keep children safe.
II. Position Summary
Aangan is looking for a field officer who will support the Mumbai and the National team with data for impact.
III. Key Duties and Responsibilities
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Data collection: Collecting data from the households, women volunteers, adolescent boys and girls, and government officials. Data collection will be app-based as well as paper and pencil exercise.
- Data input, cleaning and organizing
- Assist in trainings for community women volunteers
- Assist in identifying data trends for insight analysis
- Preparing monthly monitoring and evaluation reports based on the data collected
- Monitoring outputs and evaluating the impact created through Aangan’s programe in Mumbai
- Engage in research activities
IV. Knowledge and Technical Skills
- Comfortable with using technology
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office
- Comfortable with usage of mobile apps and pen+paper for surveys.
V. Competencies and Abilities
- Attention to detail i.e. in capturing and inputting data without any errors
- Open to learning and communicating effectively: Simple and clear written and oral communication
- Fluent in speaking and writing English, Hindi and Marathi
- Willingness to travel extensively and visit communities where Aangan works in Mumbai
- Ability to multi-task
VI. Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in social work or a related field.
• 1-2 years’ experience in data collection and survey methods
email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd