Organization: International Labour Organization (ILO)
Apply By: 30 Sep 2019
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
About the Organization:
International Labour Organization (ILO) is a United Nations agency whose mandate is to advance social justice and promote decent work by setting international labour standards. They have developed a system of international labour standards aimed at promoting opportunities for women and men to obtain decent and productive work, in conditions of freedom, equity, security and dignity
As a team member, the incumbent provides a range of specialized finance and administrative support services in an efficient, effective and client-oriented manner. Work involves using the enterprise resource planning (ERP) system to process transactions for financial clearance and payment processing. The incumbent performs at a fully operational level and resolves a variety of recurring and non-recurring operational issues, requiring the correct application of financial rules and regulations, policies, procedures and guidelines.
The position works under the supervision of Finance & Administrative officer, DWT/CO, ILO, New Delhi. Supervision received is focused on the timeliness of process execution and the quality of outputs. The incumbent works with a moderate degree of independence. Work is reviewed for correctness in application of financial rules and regulations, policies, procedures and guidelines.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform a range of specialized finance support functions and services for operational and payment-related work of the Office, including initiating and processing financial transactions in the enterprise resource planning (ERP) system and verifying that information and supporting documentation is in compliance with financial rules and regulations, policies, procedures and applicable standards.
- Process accounts receivable including billing, adjustments and changes. Manage cash receipts and petty cash.
- Undertake monthly bank reconciliation and follow up on outstanding issues including contacting banks to clarify issues on account statements.
- Monitor expenditure and budget allocations, updating information on local currency bank accounts and informing supervisor when funds need to be replenished.
- Maintain and update spreadsheets and databases for internal expenditure control purposes. Prepare inputs, run reports and extract and compile financial data and present information on the status of financial resources of the Office to support analysis and reporting needs.
- Respond to requests for general information and routine queries on status of payments and other budgetary issues.
- Keep abreast of financial rules and regulations, policies, procedures, guidelines and processes and share information with concerned parties.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
Education: Completion of secondary school education
- Minimum of five years of operational or administrative support work experience including providing financial operations support services
- Experience of working with an enterprise resource planning (ERP) system
Languages: Excellent command of English. Working knowledge of Hindi
Knowledge and Competencies (technical/behavioural):
- Knowledge of financial administration and/or accounting techniques
- Knowledge of international accounting standards such as International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) or other international or national accounting standards
- Good knowledge of PC software (including word processor, spreadsheet and presentation software) such as Microsoft Office.
- Ability to interpret and work within the applicable financial rules and regulations, policies and procedures
- Ability to adapt quickly to new software and systems
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Sense of responsibility to maintain data integrity
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and to demonstrate gender-sensitive and non-discriminatory behaviour and attitudes
Application deadline (midnight India time): 30 September 2019
For more information please click the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd